How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network?
Are you looking for a simple and easy procedure to scan a document from your Ricoh printer to a computer via a network? Then scroll down this page to know How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network.
Initially, you need to prepare your printer and the computer for the ‘scan to network folder’ operation. Then, register the destination folder on your computer in the printer’s address book. The below section covers the entire preparation and setup process in detail.
Preparations To Scan To Computer Via A Network
Step 1: Connecting the Ricoh printer to the network
Initially, you need to connect your Ricoh printer to an active network. Next, connect your computer to the same network. Before going into the next step of the scan to computer setup, make sure that both the devices are connected over the same network. Continue reading to know How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network.
Step 2: Configuring The Network Settings On Your Printer
- On your printer’s main screen, select the Use Tools/Counter option.
- Tap or press the System Settings option.
- Go to the Interface Settings tab and select the Network option.
- Now, configure the network settings such as Machine IPv4 Address, IPv4 Gateway Address, and Machine IPv6 Address correctly.
- After configuring the network settings on your printer, exit from the System Settings wizard by tapping the Exit button twice.
Step 3: Configuring The Scan Settings
You can use your printer’s Scanner Features section to make advanced scan settings such as scan type, send settings, etc.
On the User Tools/ Counter screen on your printer, select the Scanner Features option. Now, a screen titled Scanner Features will open. Go to the General Settings tab and configure the scan settings as per your needs and save them. You can also modify other settings as well know How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network.
Step 4: Creating A Shared Folder On Your Computer
- Go to the destination location that you wish to create a shared folder.
- Now, create a folder by clicking New Folder at the top row of the window.
- After creating the folder, right-click on it.
- Select Sharing and Security -> Sharing -> Share this folder.
- Now, go to the Permissions section.
- Select the Everyone option for Group or user names.
- Click Remove -> Add.
- Similarly, configure the users or group settings as per your needs.
- In the Security tab, select the user or group that you wish to provide permissions to access the shared folder and click OK.
- Continue reading to know How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network.
- Initially, create a shared folder.
- Next, in the System Preferences window, click on the Sharing button.
- Make sure that the File Sharing option is selected.
- Now, go to the Options section.
- Check if the Share files and folder using SMB option is selected. If not, select it, and provide access permissions by following the on-screen instructions.
Registering The Destination Folder On Your Computer In The Printer’s Address Book
- Select the System Settings option on the User Tools/Counter screen of your printer.
- Press Administrator Tools -> Address Book Management -> New Program.
- Now, in the displayed window, type your Ricoh printer details and save them to know How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network.
Congratulations!! Your Ricoh printer is prepared to perform the ‘scan to computer’ operation via a network.
- On your Ricoh printer’s scanner glass, place the document that you want to scan and save it to your computer.
- Press the Scan button to initiate the scan process.
- Select the Delivery Dest. option followed by Folder.
- Type the destination folder manually or select it from the list and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the scan to computer operation via a network.
- Once the placed document is scanned by your printer, its copy will be saved to the computer’s destination.
To know more about How To Scan From Ricoh Printer To Computer Via Network, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.