How to scan from Epson printer to Mac? [Quick Guide]
Scanning a document using an Epson printer has made life easier. With the help of the Epson scan utility, you can easily scan a document from the Epson printer. We have broken down the process to scan from the Epson printer to your Mac computer in simple steps.
Connect Epson Printer To Computer
Before you connect the Epson printer to your Mac, you need to ensure that you have downloaded the printer driver on your Mac computer.
Download The Printer Driver
- Open the Epson support page for the Epson printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System drop-down list and select Mac.
- Click the Recommended For You section.
- Click the Download button for the driver.
Install Epson Printer Driver
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded driver.
- Wait for the computer to run the installer.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and wait for further instructions.
- When the screen prompts you to make the connection, take the USB cable and connect it between the printer and the computer.
- Complete the software setup.
It’s now time to scan from the Epson printer to your Mac computer.
Scan Using Epson Scan Utility
Before proceeding further, you need to download the Epson scan software from the Official Epson support page.
- Open the support page for the Epson printer.
- Click the Downloads tab on the page.
- Scroll down the Support page to the Drivers section and click on it.
- Click the Download button for the scanner driver.
- Once the download is complete, run the installation for the file and complete the full setup.
Placing The Originals
- Place the original documents on the scanner glass or the ADF of your Epson printer.
- Align the edges of the document and close the document cover.
- Open the Epson scan software that you have downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Click on the Mode list and select the Document Mode option.
- Select the Document size, Image Type, and Resolution from their drop-down lists.
- Select the Epson printer from the Scanner drop-down list.
- Change the other settings suited to your scanning requirement.
- Click the Preview button (to have a rough look at how the scan output will be).
- At the very bottom of the scanning software, you can select the Image format of the scan from the drop-down list.
- Select a file name and select the folder location to save the file.
- Click the Scan button.
Follow the simple steps as mentioned in this article, and you will know how to scan a document on your Epson printer after connecting it to Mac. Click the CALL button on this page for further assistance.