How to reset epson ink cartridge
To reset the Epson ink cartridge, we can either use a cartridge chip reset tool or swapping cartridge chips. The procedure is explained in detail on how to reset epson ink cartridge in the user manual. You can also call us at our number provided here for assistance in troubleshooting.
Quick steps to reset Epson ink cartridge
- Verify that the cartridge chip reset tool you are using is compatible with the printer.
- Take out the empty ink cartridge.
- Fix the ink cartridge with the marks shown at the bottom of the chip reset tool.
- Accommodate the chip reset tool with the ink cartridges.
- Tap the pins on the reset tool strongly against the chip contacts on the ink cartridge.
- Press until the light on the reset tool begins to blink red.
- Keep pressing the chip reset tool against the ink cartridge.
- Clean the printhead and ADF rollers.
Elaborate steps to reset Epson ink cartridge
To start on how to reset epson ink cartridge, remove the color and black ink cartridges from the printer. Use a single-sided razor blade to remove excess plastic from the top of the cartridge which is holding the chip into place. Slide the chip out of the ink cartridge.
Repeat the steps to change other ink cartridges. Accommodate the chip from the colored cartridge into the black cartridge. Also, position the chip from the black cartridge into the colored cartridge.
Place both the ink cartridges back into your Epson printer. Press the Ink Change button present on your printer to re-install the ink cartridges. Your computer screen will show that the empty ink cartridge is full, based on how much ink was in the other cartridge.
Press the Ink Change button present on your printer once again and remove both the ink cartridges from the printer. Interchange the cartridge chips with one another so that the chips are in their original cartridges. Prepare the device by pressing the Ink Change button again.
The black and colored ink cartridges will indicate the same level of ink. This indicator helps you get new ink cartridges when the printer runs out of ink. Thus, this is the procedure on how to reset epson ink cartridge.