How To Install Canon Pixma E477 On A Laptop Without Cd Drive
Canon PIXMA E477 is an All-in-One wireless printer that supports print, scan, and copy operations. In general, the driver for this printer is installed on computers using the supplied CD-ROM. If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, you need to download and install the printer driver. To know how to install Canon PIXMA E477 on your laptop without a CD drive, keep reading the instructions below.
Download the printer driver:
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Canon printer driver on your laptop.
- Disable any active firewall or antivirus software.
- Close all the running programs and open the default browser after ensuring that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Visit the official Canon site and enter ‘Canon PIXMA E477’ in the search field. Click the Go button or select your printer’s model number from the search result.
- You will be directed to the product support page.
- Click the Drivers & Downloads tab and choose your OS and its version from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Under Drivers, select the required printer driver and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Install the printer driver on your laptop:
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the driver installation wizard.
- If you are running Windows OS on your laptop, you will see the User Account Control prompt. Click the Yes button.
- If you are using macOS, you need to enter the administrator password and click Continue.
- Choose your language and region in the driver installation wizard to begin the setup.
- Agree to the EULA by selecting Yes and choose the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Establish the connection between your Canon PIXMA E477 printer and the laptop by following the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
- You have now seen how to install Canon PIXMA E477 on your laptop without a CD drive.