- Fix My Printer >>
- Fix printer offline in Windows 10, 8
How to fix printer offline in Windows 10 or in Windows 8?
The offline error indicates that there has been a communication failure between the printer and the computer. If you have connected your HP printer over a wireless network, the offline issue may be due to network instability. Carry out the instructions below to resolve the offline issue of How to fix printer offline in Windows 10 or in Windows 8.
Quick steps for resolving printer offline error
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- Open the software and click Start. Select the HP printer’s name.
- Follow the prompts. If the issue persists, carry out the steps given below.
- Power off the printer and plug the power cable out.
- Restart the computer and turn the printer on.
- Try to print. Continue with the next step in case the issue remains unresolved.
- Check if the printer is set as the default printing source on your computer.
- Reinstall the printer software if required.
Detailed instructions for resolving the printer Offline issue
- Switch off the printer and plug the USB cable out. Check and replace the USB cable if it is damaged or worn out.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer. After the tool is installed, open it and click Start. Select the HP printer’s name. Carry out the steps below if the issue of How to fix printer offline in Windows 10 or in Windows 8 persists.
- Power on the printer and turn it off again. Wait for at least 10 seconds, and plug the power cord out from the printer’s rear. Power off the computer.
- Connect the power cord back to your printer, and power on the printer manually if it does not turn on automatically. Restart the router if you have established a wireless connection between the printer and your computer.
- Turn on your computer and try to print. If the computer is not able to connect to the printer, try the following steps.
- Open Devices and Printers on your Windows computer and right-click on the printer’s name. Click the Set as Default Printer option. Try to print a test page. If you are not able to print, continue with the next step.
- Update the printer firmware either from the printer’s control panel or the manufacturer’s website.
- If the preceding step did not help, the next step towards resolving the offline issue is the reinstallation of the printer driver
- Open the Programs and Features option on your Windows system and locate HP Software. Reinstall the software from the installation CD or click the link below to download it.
- For any assistance on How to fix printer offline in Windows 10 or in Windows 8 in clearing the printer offline error, call us at the toll-free number displayed on the page.