How to Fix Memory Error in HP M428DW? [Simple Solutions]
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428DW is a multifunctional laser printer with a touchscreen control panel. It supports automatic duplex printing, Hi-Speed USB, Ethernet LAN connection, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi Direct. If you are getting the memory error on the touchscreen panel, there might be issues with the memory chip. Keep reading the steps below to know how to fix memory error in HP M428DW printer.
Simple Solutions To Fix Memory Error In HP Printer
Solution 1: Restart HP M428DW Printer
- With the HP printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer’s rear port.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the power to your printer’s rear port.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Wait for atleast 60 seconds to make the printer ready.
- Check if the memory error appears on the touchscreen panel. If so, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Visually Check Memory Chip To Fix Memory Error
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Press the front door release button to open the front door.
- Take out the toner cartridge from the printer and visually check the memory device for any damages. If so, replace it to fix the memory error on your HP printer.
- Verify that there is no sealing tape on the toner cartridge.
- Check the surface of the green imaging drum for any scratches or damages.
- If you detect any damage, replace the toner cartridge.
- Otherwise, reinstall the toner cartridge and close the front door.
- Restart your printer and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: HP M428DW Printer Factory reset
- Restoring the printer settings to factory defaults is recommended when no troubleshooting steps resolve the printer errors.
- To begin with, navigate to the touchscreen panel and tap the Setup icon.
- Select Printer Maintenance –> Restore –> Restore Factory Defaults.
- Wait for the printer to restart automatically.
- Now, your printer should be restored to factory defaults and also the memory error should be fixed.
- In case you are stuck in how to fix Memory Error in HP M428DW printer, contact our technical experts for remote assistance.