HOW TO FIX HP PRINTER 2130 NOT PRINTING ISSUES
The HP DeskJet 2130 printer is a multifunctional machine that is designed for families and other home users who want a machine that is capable of printing everything from documents to web pages. The printer provides so many features. Still, it is a machine and can misbehave at times. In the below segments, we will discuss the various troubleshooting methods that will help you fix the HP DeskJet 2130 not printing issues.
TURN ON THE PRINTER AT REGULAR INTERVALS:
- When you don’t use the printer for a longer duration, the ink dries up in the nozzles.
- Turning ON the printer for a while will trigger the printer to run a mini cleaning cycle.
- Once the cleaning cycle is over, click Print > Test page print.
- If the print quality is acceptable, then stop troubleshooting.
- This step will also help start the ink flowing again through the nozzles.
- Use the printer’s menu to run the cleaning cycles and check your nozzles before opening the unit.
- Before performing any task, ensure that the printer is not flashing any error light.
- Suppose you run two or three cleaning cycles, but you are not able to print a document, then keep the printer idle for several hours.
- Performing more cleaning cycles will make your clog worse over time.
Tip: If you are the kind of person who uses a printer infrequently, we suggest choosing a laser printer as they use toner powder and don’t dry up quickly.
Note: HP recommends using a genuine HP ink cartridge for the proper functioning of the printer.
CLEAN THE PRINTHEAD:
Note: Cleaning the print head will clear a lot of printer issues but will require a lot of ink.
Tip: Do not turn off the printer during the cleaning cycle; doing so will cause permanent damage to the printer.
CLEAR THE PRINTER QUEUE USING THE CONTROL PANEL WINDOW:
The problem usually occurs when a user keeps on clicking the Print button even when there are several issues, such as the paper jam, the printer runs out of paper, ink cartridge problem, etc., which leads to printer queue as Windows keeps on storing each command from the user. Apart from this, a non-reliable data cable can fill up your printer queue with documents as well.
You can clear the printer queue through the control panel or via a command prompt window. Here, we will see the control panel method.
- Turn on your PC and right-click on theWindows Start icon.
- Type control panel, and hit Enter.
- In the Control Panel window, you need to go to the search bar.
- Type printers, and then press the Enter key.
- Now, click on View devices and printers.
- You will see all the printers that are connected to your PC.
- Right-click on your printer, a pop-up dialog box will open.
- Click on the See what’s printing option.
- You can cross-verify all your previous print jobs.
- Go to the Printer menu and click Cancel All Documents.
- So, type command prompt in your Windows search bar.
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- You will be able to see the Command Prompt window on your computer screen.
- Type net stop spooler, and press the Enter key.
- Typedel %systemroot%32\spool\printers\*/Q. and press Enter.
- At last, type net start spooler and press the Enter key.
- Your screen displaysThe print spooler service was started successfully, which means that your computer has cleared the printer queue.
CLEARING THE PRINTER QUEUE USING THE COMMAND PROMPT:
If you don’t prefer the previous method, you can still clear the printer queue with the help of the command prompt.
So, these are some of the simplest troubleshooting methods through which you can fix the HP 2130 printer not printing issues. If you want to know other troubleshooting methods, call our technicians, who are capable of handling all kinds of printer problems.