HP Envy 5540 Printing Issue [Fixed]
Printers failing to print is one of the common problems encountered by any printer user. If you’re also encountering the printing issue on your HP Envy 5540 printer, then you have reached the right page to resolve it. Scroll down this page to know how to troubleshoot your HP Envy 5540 printing issue.
Basic Solution For HP Envy Printing Issue
Before you perform the advanced methods to resolve the issue using the basic solutions given below.
- Initially, check whether any error message is displayed on your HP Envy 5540 printer screen.
- If yes, resolve it by performing the necessary solutions and then try to perform the print operation.
- Make sure that your printer’s paper tray has enough paper to perform the print operation.
- Check whether the ink cartridges on your printer are installed properly. If not, install them properly.
- Make sure that your HP Envy 5540 printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Check whether your printer and the computer are connected securely.
- If not, re-connect your printer to the computer.
- Make sure that your HP printer is selected while configuring the print operation.
- Restart your printer.
- If necessary, reinstall the HP printer driver on your computer.
Advanced Methods For HP 5540 Not Printing
(Note: The advanced methods given below are suitable only for the Windows OS).
Method 1: Disable “Use Printer Offline”
If your HP printer is paused or offline, then there is a chance that the printer may not print. To check it, follow the below instructions for HP Envy 5540 printing issue
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Select the Devices & Printers or Printers or Printers and Faxes option.
- Locate your HP printer and right-click on it.
- Select See what’s printing > Printer.
- Now, check if the Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline option is selected. If yes, deselect it by unchecking the box beside it.
Method 2: Set Your HP printer As The Default Printer
If you haven’t set your HP printer as the default printer on the Windows computer, then there is a chance for this issue to occur.
- On the Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Faxes screen of your Windows computer, locate your HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Check whether there is a green circle beside your printer.
- If not, right-click on it and choose the Set as Default Printer option.
- Now, print a document from your computer.
- If the printer prints the selected document successfully, then it means the issue has been resolved.
- Still, if your HP Envy printer not printing, perform the next method.
Method 3: Use The HP Diagnostic Tool
If the above two methods don’t resolve your printer’s issue, then run the HP diagnostic tool “HP Print and Scan Doctor” on your Windows computer.
- Download the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool file from the printer’s official support page if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Now, turn on your HP printer. Make sure that your HP Envy printer is connected to the same network to which the computer is connected to.
- Open the downloaded file.
- When prompted, select your HP printer. Similarly, click on the Fix printing button.
- Resolve the printing issue by following the on-screen instructions to complete HP Envy 5540 printing issue.