How To Fix Error-Printing Status
The error printing status on your Windows computer will not allow you to print further. However, the error printing status can be fixed with proper troubleshooting steps. To know how to fix error-printing status on your Windows computer, follow the quick steps given below.
Simple Steps To Fix Error-Printing Status
- If you have connected your computer and the printer via a USB cable, check both the USB ports and verify that you have firmly plugged in the USB cable.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Verify whether you have loaded the printer-supported paper into the paper input tray.
- If necessary, restart your printer and the computer.
- On your computer, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and press Enter to launch the Device Manager .
- Click the Yes button if the User Account Control window pops-up.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Manager window and locate your USB port driver.
- Right-click the USB controller driver and select Update driver software .
- Click Search automatically for updated drivers and select OK when the USB driver is updated.
- Once again, open the Run dialog box using the shortcut keys. Type ‘control’ and click OK to open the Control Panel .
- Click theDevices and Printers tab and locate your printer’s icon.
- Check whether you have set your printer as the default printer on your computer.
- If you have not yet setyour printer as the default printer, right-click your printer’s icon and choose Set as Default Printer .
- If the error printing status remains unsolved, restart the Print Spooler service and run the printer troubleshooter.
- You have now seen how to fix error-printing status on your Windows computer.