HOW TO FIX CANON PRINTER ERROR 5200
Errors can occur on your printer even while you are in the midst of printing something. If your Canon printer shows the error code 5200 on its LCD, continue reading this article until the end. Try out all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the Canon printer error code 5200 efficiently.
Check the Cartridges
- The error code 5200 can occur on the Canon printer when there is an issue with the ink cartridges. Usually, the error code 5200 appears on the Canon printer when the ink levels are expended or critically low.
- Before you go ahead with the troubleshooting techniques, you should replace the expended cartridges.
- Once you have replaced the expended cartridges, check whether the error code has disappeared.
Use genuine Canon cartridges
- When you use any third-party ink cartridges, there are chances for errors to occur. So, it is mandatory to use genuine Canon cartridges only.
- If you are using any third-party ink cartridges, replace them with genuine Canon cartridges; check whether the error code has disappeared.
Reinsert the cartridges
- If you haven’t installed the cartridges properly, you will encounter the error code 5200 on your Canon printer.
- In that case, open the printer’s front cover followed by the cartridge access door.
- Take out the installed cartridges and reinsert them into the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door and the printer’s front cover.
- Now, check whether the error code is fixed.
Power cycle your printer
- A simple power cycle can help you fix most potential issues.
- Firstly, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cable. Leave the printer undisturbed for a minute.
- Plug the power cord again and turn on your printer.
- Now, check whether the error code has disappeared. If you cannot fix the issue yet, proceed with the next step.
Reset your printer
- On the printer control panel, press the Stop button and hold it for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the OK button and then release the Stop button.
- While holding the OK button, press the Stop button five times. Then, release all the buttons simultaneously.
- Now, the LCD screen of your printer will turn on, and the screen will turn blank.
- After a minute, turn off your printer and then turn on your printer.
- Now check whether you have resolved the issue.
If you still get the same error code on your Canon printer, reach out to us for remote assistance.