How to connect to canon printer
The connection to a Canon printer can be done using different methods. However, the choice of method depends upon the technical configuration of the personal device and the availability of components for connection. The connection can be a wired or wireless type. The usual wired connection methods are USB and Ethernet connection methods, while the wireless connection methods include the Wireless Network Setup using a router, Print Apps and Bluetooth connection by using the guide on how to connect to canon printer.
Connecting to a Canon printer using the USB Method
- Connect the power cord to your Canon printer and enable power supply.
- Turn ON the printer by pressing the power button.
- Turn on your computer and look for the installation CD in the printer package.
- Install the Software and Driver from this CD.
- Open our website to download the software and driver if your software is outdated or the installation disc is missing.
- Install the software and drivers and start the application.
- Choose the USB connection option on the prompt displayed by the installer.
- Connect the computer and printer using the USB Cable.
- Follow all the instructions displayed by the installer to carry forward with the setup.
- Print a test page from your Canon printer to complete the installation.
Detailed Steps to establish a Wireless Connection from a Canon Printer to a computer
Check whether the personal device supports a wireless connection. Power on the wireless router and connect to the active Internet. Make sure that the connection is fast and stable. Turn on the personal device and connect it the wireless router. Enter the passcode (if applicable) when prompted, for establishing the connection by using on how to connect to canon printer.
Ensure that the driver and the software are installed on the personal device to start a wireless connection. The driver files are available in the software CD that is bundled with the printer. Download the updated files from the Internet in case of an outdated driver file on the CD or in the absence of a CD.
On the control panel of your Canon printer to, open wireless settings or tap the wireless button. Connect the Canon printer to the wireless router using the control panel of the printer. The password can be entered through the control panel of the printer when necessary
Start the printer software on your computer and start the connection settings. Opt for the Wireless connection option in the installer and carry forward with the installation procedure. The procedure is displayed on the screen as visual guidelines that are to followed by the user.
Remove the USB cable from the computer’s USB port, if connected. Follow every step in the installation process carefully and provide permissions to the process whenever necessary. Log in as the administrator to ensure that the permissions for the installer are provided.
The wireless connection can also be established through other ways, based on your personal device and the Canon printer.
Other wireless connections include the AirPrint feature for printing from iOS devices, the mobile applications and print plugins that are available for different platforms according to the features of your printer and the personal device by using the guide on how to connect to canon printer.