How to Connect HP Envy 7640 Printer to Wifi
The HP Envy 7640 printer can be connected to a Wi-Fi-enabled device over a wireless connection. There are various methods by which the printer can be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Below are some easy steps for How to connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi network.
Quick Steps for Connecting the HP Printer using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Power on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Use the controls of the display panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Select Wireless Settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Network option and choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Tap on your network’s name from the list of available networks displayed on the printer’s control panel.
- Type the WPA/WEP passphrase if prompted. Tap Done.
- Confirm the settings by tapping OK.
- Select OK to print a Wireless Test report or tap Skip.
Related Articles For “Connect Printer To Wifi:”
Descriptive Steps to Connect the HP Envy 7640 Printer to Wi-Fi
- The HP Auto Wireless Connect feature enables you to connect the printer to any wireless device without the use of wires.
- The feature is available from the printer driver which can be downloaded online or directly installed from the installation disc.
- Select the ‘Wireless’ connection type during the driver installation. Click ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer.’ The HP Auto Connect will now automatically establish a connection.
- Follow other alternative methods on How to connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi, if the Auto wireless Connect proves to be ineffective. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s control panel.
- Gather your network’s name and the WEP/WPA passphrase. Tap the Wireless icon on your HP printer’s control panel. Select your network’s name from the list networks displayed on the printer’s control panel.
- If your network’s name is not listed, you need to enter it manually.
- Tap OK and enter the password if prompted. Alternately, use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- There are two types of Wi-Fi Protected Setup methods; one is the Push Button method and the other is the PIN method.
- For carrying out the Push Button method, check if the router and the printer support Push button. Press the WPS button on your printer and within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- Dial the toll-free number to contact our technical support team for any assistance on How to connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi in establishing a Wi-Fi connection.