- Fix My Printer >>
- HOW TO CONNECT CANON IMAGECLASS PRINTER TO WIFI
HOW TO CONNECT CANON IMAGECLASS PRINTER TO WIFI
The Canon imageCLASS printer supports wireless connectivity and also delivers some stellar performance with its printing capability. To connect the Canon imageCLASS printer to your Wi-Fi, you’ll have to just ensure that the router setup procedure is complete. Since the printer supports wireless connectivity, setting up or connecting the Canon imageCLASS printer to Wi-Fi is easy. Look at the steps below to learn how to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
How to connect Canon imageCLASS printer to Wi-Fi?
Depending upon the printer model, the steps may vary. However, the steps do not differ much. Using the printer control panel, you can choose the required option to connect the Canon imageCLASS printer to your Wi-Fi.
- On the printer control panel, select Menu.
- Select the Preferences option and then navigate to the Network screen.
- Select the Wireless LAN Settings option.
- Continue to click the Yes option to confirm the action when you see the message, “Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?”
- Now, you need to read the message that is displayed on the screen and then click Yes.
- Select SSID Settings and then pick the Select Access Point option.
- When prompted, select the Yes option and enter the network key.
- Wait for this message, “Connected.” If you find this message, it means that the wireless setup is done successfully.
Now, you need to install the printer software to complete the wireless setup. By doing this task, you can establish the communication between the Canon imageCLASS printer and your computer. From where do you download the printer driver and install it? It can be manually downloaded from the official Canon website. Here’s how to install the printer driver from the official Canon website.
- Using the default web browser, go to the official Canon website.
- Enter the printer model name in the search bar and then click Search.
- It directs you to the Downloads page. Select the Drivers and Downloads option. Choose the appropriate OS from the available drop-down menu. You’ll have to look for the required printer driver.
- Click Download next to the preferred printer driver.
- Get back to the Downloads folder on your computer. Locate and double-click the downloaded file. It begins the installation.
- When prompted, you need to agree to the end-user license agreement.
- Choose the connection method and then perform the on-screen instructions.
After the successful driver installation, perform the required functions, such as printing or scanning, depending upon the Canon printer model that you use.
That’s it. You’ve now seen how to connect your Canon imageCLASS printer to Wi-Fi.