BROTHER PRINTER HL L2370DW UNBOXING SETUP
Nowadays, every printer is coming with an in-built wireless feature for a hassle-free experience. So, you can connect the printer with any network device. This wireless feature gives the flexibility to print over any devices that support wireless network connections.
Moreover, you can use the default services of your smartphone to perform all the printer functions. These services include Mopria (for Android), Apple AirPrint (for iOS). Apart from this, the Brother iPrint&Scan application is there to provide a lot of features to the end-user. In the below segments, we will discuss how to connect a Brother printer to a Wi-Fi connection.
INITIAL CHECKS BEFORE CONNECTING TO WI-FI:
- Before setting up your Brother printer over a wireless network, you need to have the credentials such as Wireless Network Name (SSID or ESSID) and Wireless Network Key (Password or Security key or Encryption key).
- Most of the wireless routers or gateways have a label attached with them specifying the default router credentials.
- If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has installed the wireless router or gateway, in such a scenario, they might have left a setup sheet for you, which may have the required credentials.
- If you still cannot find your wireless network name and network key, you need to contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.
- Brother has developed a utility named Wireless Setup Helper that will assist you in locating your computer’s security settings.
- If you still have doubts regarding the same and need any assistance, you can contact us to clarify the queries.
- Make sure that you have the SSID and Network key with you, as you cannot continue the wireless setup without it.
CONNECTING BROTHER PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK:
- Connect the Power cord to the rear end of the Brother printer and the other side to the power socket.
- Press the power button to turn on the Brother printer.
- Go to the Brother’s control panel and press the Menu button.
- Use the Up or Down arrow keys to select the Network Settings option and press OK.
- Use the same Up or Down arrow keys to select the WLAN, and press OK.
- Make use of the same Up and Down arrow keys to choose Setup Wizard.
- When you see WLAN Enable?, select Yes to enable the wireless network.
- The wireless setup wizard starts, and the printer searches for your network. It then displays a list of networks available nearby.
- If you are using the authentication and encryption method, a Network key is required.
- If your authentication method is an Open System, then your encryption mode is none.
- After following any of the above steps, the machine starts to connect to the wireless network that you have selected.
- After successful connection, your Brother printer’s LCD screen will display Connected.
- Now the printer will print a wireless connection report.
- If your printer is unable to connect to the wireless network, then the machine will print a wireless connection report stating connection: xx.
- So, by following the above-stated steps one by one, you can easily connect the Brother printer to a Wi-Fi connection.