HOW TO CONNECT BROTHER PRINTER TO COMPUTER
Generally, you can connect the Brother printer to a computer over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection. However, the connection process may vary based on your printer model. The below section covers the common procedure to connect the Brother printer to a computer.
You can perform the wireless setup either while installing the printer driver or after installing the printer driver.
Method 1: Wireless setup while installing the printer driver
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer is turned on and ready for the wireless setup.
- Next, open the Brother printer setup file on your computer.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to reach the Connection Typescreen.
- On the Connection Type screen, select the Wireless Network Connectionoption.
- Install the printer driver file to complete the wireless setup.
Method 2: Wireless setup after installing the printer driver
- Make sure that your Brother printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Also, make sure that your printer’s Wi-Fi light is blinking.
- On your computer, open the Printer SettingTool.
- Click Communication Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless LAN > Infrastructure.
- Type your network’s SSID, and password in the appropriate fields and tap Apply.Finish the wireless setup by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Enable the Wi-Fioption on your computer if it is disabled.
- Open the Brother printer’s software package.
- Open the Utilitiesfolder and double click the Wireless Device Setup Wizard.app.
- Connect your Brother printer to the Mac computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Run your Brother software on the computer.
- When prompted, choose the Local Connection (USB)option and connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Install the printer software to complete the setup.
For Wired (Ethernet)
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer is turned on and ready for the wired setup.
- Next, open the printer software file on your computer.
- On the Connection Typescreen, select the Wired Network Connection (Ethernet)option.
- Connect the Brother printer to your computer using the LAN cable when prompted.
- Finish the driver installation to complete the wired setup.
To know more about how to connect the Brother printer to the computer, contact us.