How To Clean Ricoh Printer? [Simple Steps]
Whether you are using a Ricoh inkjet or a laser printer, giving the printer a basic cleaning will ensure the longevity of the printer. You really don’t have to wait for the printer to spill ink or become damaged to clean it. Cleaning the printer is a process every user must endure. Follow below steps to know how to clean Ricoh printer.
Fortunately for Ricoh printers, cleaning is made easier. Usually, all you must implement is to run the automatic cleaning function that most printers have. In case that does not work, you can manually clean the printer in no time.
To clean your Ricoh printer, you need the following:
Cleaning gloves , Lint-free cloth or a cotton swab andd Alcohol or cleaning spray .
Cleaning Paper Tray, Friction Pad, And Paper Feed Roller
- Ensure that the Ricoh printer is turned off.
- Remove the power cord of the printer from the socket.
- Pull the paper tray from the printer until it stops and remove it from the printer.
- Remove the paper stack if there is any.
- Use a damp or dry cloth and wipe the paper tray clean.
- Move the paper guides present inside and gently remove the dust and sticky substances.
- Inside the printer, use a damp cloth and gently wipe the rollers.
- Load the paper stack into the paper tray.
- Place it inside the Ricoh printer and ensure that it goes in fully.
- Reconnect the power cord to the Ricoh printer and turn it on.
This is one way to clean the Ricoh printer.
Cleaning The Registration Roller
- Turn off the Ricoh printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Press the button that’s located onthe right side of the printer and open the front cover.
- Hold the handle of the Ricoh print cartridge and pull it out of the printer.
- With a damp cloth, wipe the metallic registration roller and remove the moisture.
- Hold the cartridge handle and place it back into the printer.
- Close the front cover and make sure that the cover clicks itself back into the printer.
Another place where you need to clean the Ricoh printer is the LED head.
Cleaning The Led Heads
- Turn off the Ricoh printer and remove the power cord connected to the power source.
- Press the button as seen on the right section of the printer body to open the front cover.
- Hold the printer cartridge with the handle and remove it from the printer.
- Press and hold the lever on the right side inside the printer (the LED head will come down slowly).
- Use a damp or dry cloth and wipe the LED head gently.
- Place the cartridge back into the Ricoh printer and close the front cover.
- Connect the power cord to the Ricoh printer and turn it on.
Cleaning The Ricoh Printer Power Cord
Ensure to remove the power cord from the socket and check for the following:
- Burnt marks in the power cord.
- The plug is deformed.
- The cord’s inner wires are exposed.
- The power cord has a crack or dent.
- A section of the power cord becomes too hot.
If you are facing one of the above issues, it is mandatory that you replace the power cord of the Ricoh printer with a new one.
Follow the different methods described in this article to know how to clean Ricoh printer.