Quick Guide On How to Clean Printer Head HP
Cleaning the HP printheads can be done by three methods. They are: replacing the old printhead, self-cleaning process, and Clean Printer Head HP by following a guided procedure. Purchase a new printhead, compatible with your HP printer before replacing the old one.
Remove and Replace the Old Printhead with a New One
- Turn on the printer and unlock the cartridge access panel.
- Hold the ink cartridges and remove them from their slots.
- Lift the gray colored latch on the printhead assembly.
- Remove the old printhead and send it for recycling.
- Clean the electrical contacts inside the printer using wet wipes.
- Hold the new printhead with the color-coded icons facing up.
- Insert it into the empty slot and lower the latch.
- Insert the ink cartridges back and print an alignment page.
Related Articles For “Clean Printer Head”
How to Clean Printer Head HP Manually Or Using The Self-Clean Option
- Gather the following items: Isopropyl alcohol, distilled water, dry wipes, lint-free cloth, white towels, and bowls. Keep your HP printer and the cleaning-kit on a flat surface.
- Power on the printer and unlock the ink cartridge access door. Wait until the carriage moves to the center. Take both black and tricolor ink cartridges out of their slots.
- Locate the printhead assembly. Elevate the gray-colored lever upwards and the printhead moves from its position. Hold the printhead on both sides and take it out without touching the electrical wiring.
- Spread a white towel and place the printhead on it. Take a bowl and create a cleaning mixture that contains 50% distilled water and 50% Isopropyl alcohol in it.
- Stir the mixture until the abrasive effect of the alcohol reduces. Take the printhead with the color-codes facing up and place it in the mixture until it completely dissolves.
- Some HP printer models use cartridges with inbuilt printhead. In that case, place the cartridge in the mixture. Keep the setup aside and do not disturb it for five minutes.
- The mixture removes the dried ink on the printhead. After five minutes, take the printhead out, wrap it in a lint-free cloth, and let it dry for few minutes.
- Unwrap the printhead and remove the excess moisture using the dry wipes. Reinsert the printhead into the assembly and the cartridges into the designated slots. Close the cartridge access panel.
- The next method is using Self-Cleaning option. On your Windows device, click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers|Hardware and Sound > Programs > Printers. Right-click the printer in which the printhead needs to be replaced.
- Select Properties > Tools > Cleaning > Clean Heads|Clean Cartridges (Clean Printer Head HP). Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the printhead cleaning process. After completing, print an test page to check the printhead alignment.