HOW DO I GET MY COMPUTER TO RECOGNIZE MY WIRELESS PRINTER? [SIMPLE]
Is your Windows computer not recognizing your wireless printer? Probably there might be a communication breakdown. Sometimes this problem occurs when there is more Wi-Fi interference. In such cases, place your printer close to your router and remove any electronic gadgets between them. To know how to get my computer to recognize my wireless printer, keep reading the instructions below.
SIMPLE STEPS TO RECOGNIZE WIRELESS PRINTER
SOLUTION 1: RESTARTING THE DEVICES
- First, restart your modem and router.
- After verifying that you have an active Internet connection, restart your printer and reconnect it to the wireless network. To do so, you can use the WPS Push Button method, Wireless setup wizard (if applicable), or Wireless PIN method.
- Next, verify that your computer is connected over the same wireless network.
- If everything is OK, print a wireless connection report on your printer to test the connection.
- If your Windows computer is still not recognizing your wireless printer, move on to the next solution.
SOLUTION 2: TROUBLESHOOTING THE COMPUTER
- On your Windows computer, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Update & security tab and select the Troubleshoot option from the left-side panel.
- Under Troubleshoot, select the Printer option and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait until the process is finished. The printer troubleshooter will automatically detect and repair the issues with your printer.
- If the problem persists, open the Network and Sharing Center window in Control Panel and click on Change Adapter Settings.
- In the Network Connections window, give a right-click on your Wi-Fi network adapter and select the Disable option.
- After a few minutes, right-click it again and select the Enable option. Doing so will fix the network-related issues on your computer.
- If the problem remains unsolved, remove your printer and re-add it using its IP address in the Add Printer wizard.
- Now, your computer should recognize the wireless printer.