HOW DO I FIX ERROR 79 ON HP PRINTER
When you have the best HP printer at your comfortable workplace, you would be very happy with its performance. But, not every time! At times, while performing the printing or scanning operation on the HP printer, you might end up with the error 79. It occurs due to outdated firmware. However, you can resolve it with simple steps.
Fixing error 79 on HP printer
The simplest way to resolve the error 79 is to turn off the printer and wait for a while to power it on again. Disconnect the power cord from the printer. Wait for a while. Next, you need to reconnect the power cord and turn on your HP printer. It fixes the error 79 on the HP printer.
When you use the printer for performing a task, an error code occurs at times. Now, the question, “How do I fix error 79 on HP printer?” arises. We have seen one simple troubleshooting method to fix the error. Now, refer to the alternative solution mentioned below.
The manufacturer regularly releases a new version of firmware, so you need to update the firmware frequently.
Updating the firmware
You can update the firmware in two easy ways, either from the printer control panel or through the HP Smart app. To begin with, make sure that you’ve connected the HP printer to a wireless network. If you’ve connected the HP printer to your computer through the USB connection, update the firmware using the HP Smart app.
NOTE: Depending upon the HP printer model, the steps may vary.
- On your printer control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select the required option for updating the firmware. Continue to perform further instructions on display.
Here’s how to update your firmware using the HP Smart app.
- Launch the HP Smart application on your Windows computer.
- Select your printer on the home screen.
- Navigate to Advanced Settings and then select Tools.
- Select Printer Updates and then click Check Now. If there are any new releases, the firmware will be updated automatically and installed. This method fixes the error 79 on the HP printer.
Additionally, you can re-install the printer driver. It might fix the problem. Hopefully, the information provided in this post was helpful.