Fix Printer Not Responding On Mac
A printer may fail to respond due to various reasons. Obviously, it will be frustrating when your printer fails to respond on your Mac computer while trying to print important documents. This article lists the best troubleshooting techniques that can help you fix the printer not responding error.
Check the basics
- On your Mac, hit on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- In the Hardware section, click the Print & Scan option. Then, choose the + sign and highlight your printer.
- Now, choose the Add option.
- If you cannot locate your printer, you need to check whether your Internet connection is stable enough. While connecting the printer and computer over a network, connecting them over the same network is essential. Your printer may fail to respond to the commands you send from your Mac when you connect your printer and the Mac to different networks.
- If you have connected your printer and Mac using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends.
Update the printer driver
An outdated printer driver may be a potential reason behind the printer issue. You can eradicate the issue by installing the updated printer driver on your computer.
- Visit the printer manufacturer’s website from your browser, enter your printer model, and download the updated printer driver recommended for your Mac.
- Install the downloaded printer driver by following the commands.
- Now check whether your printer is responding on Mac.
- If not, proceed with the next step.
Power cycle your printer
A simple power cycle can help you fix most of the significant issues. To move ahead, turn off your printer and disconnect the cables. Leave your printer undisturbed for a minute.
- After a minute, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
- Now, check whether your printer is responding on your Mac computer.
Try out all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned in this article. If none of them resolved your issue, get back to us for remote assistance.