FIX PANTUM P2200 NOT PRINTING ISSUE
The Pantum P2200 printer is a single-function printing machine. With the wide covers and trays folded shut, the Pantum P2200 printer is quite large.
The controls for the printer are quite simple and it is intended as a personal printer for a desktop. With two simple indicators for paper and errors, the functionality is simple compared to other Pantum printers. The machine has 2 sockets, one each for the main power and the USB. Most of the controls for the Pantum P2200 printer come from the driver, where you can get a wide range of features.
With good features, the Pantum P2200 printer gives a wide range of features. But like any other electronic printing device, there are chances that the Pantum P2200 printer won’t print. In order to resolve the issue, there are some simple troubleshooting steps to look at before the big picture methods.
- Make sure that the Pantum P2200 printer is connected to the power source and is turned on.
- See if there is a stable power source in your home or office. If not, wait it out and then see if the printer is online or offline.
- Check for error messages like paper jams, paper feed, etc.
- Replace the toner cartridge if necessary.
- If you have the Pantum printer connected via USB, make sure that the cable is secure between the printer and the computer (Windows or Mac).
Method 1: Clean the printer
The best way to resolve the issue is to clean the interior and the exterior of the printer. This assures proper maintenance.
- Remove the power cord connected to the printer.
- Ensure that all the wires that are connected to the printer are removed.
- Use a lint-free cloth damped with water.
- Gently wipe the exterior of the printer.
- Open the upper cover and remove the toner cartridge that is present inside.
- You will notice a shaded area inside the printer.
- Gently wipe it clean and wait for it to dry.
- Place the toner cartridge back into the printer and close the upper cover.
Try to resume printing to see if the Pantum P2200 printer works.
Method 2: Replace the laser toner cartridge
If you find out that the Epson P2200 printer is not printing, you need to see if the laser toner cartridge has run out of ink. Here are the steps to replace the toner cartridge.
- Open the upper cover of the printer.
- Slowly remove the existing toner cartridge and place it down.
- Unpack the new laser toner cartridge from the sealed packaging.
- Gently shake the cartridge 5-6 times to redistribute the toner.
- Ensure that you have removed the protective part from the cartridge.
- Place the cartridge into the slot of the Pantum P2200 printer.
With a proper reinstallation of the toner cartridge, you will no longer face the printing issue on your Pantum P2200 printer.
Method 3: Make Pantum P2200 default
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the P2200 printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- When the list opens, click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the P2200 printer that is offline from the list of printers on the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- Below the printer, you will find three sections.
- In the Kind section, make sure the printer is seen.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list.
- Select the Pantum P2200 printer from the list.
Method 4: Paper Jam
Paper Jam can be one of the reasons why your Pantum P2200 printer won’t print despite being connected to the power source and turned on. There are two places where you can find the paper jam in the Pantum P2200 printer.
Jam inside the printer:
- Ensure that the printer is turned off.
- Make sure that the output bin is closed.
- Look for the jammed paper and gently remove it.
Jam in the feed port:
- Open the upper cover of the printer.
- Look inside the printer for the jammed paper.
- Gently remove it using both hands.
- Discard the paper and close the upper cover.
Given the different methods and simple troubleshooting steps described here, you can implement one or more methods to resolve the Pantum P2200 printer not printing issue. Click CALL for further assistance.