Fix my printer connection
The printer offline issues happen on your HP printers mainly due to connectivity problems. We have mentioned some solutions which you can try performing them at your place without the help of any technician for Fix my printer connection.
Quick steps to check the printer status when it is offline
- Power OFF the printer when it displays an offline message.
- Turn ON the printing machine it back ON and wait till it becomes idle.
- Click the Windows button and enter the search Devices.
- Select Devices and Printers from the results.
- Find the icon for your printer you’ve installed.
- Right-click on your printer model and select Set as default printer.
- Right-click again on the same place and select See what’s printing.
- Click Printer in the next window and uncheck any items if they are checked.
Detailed procedure on how to fix HP printer offline issue
- There are various solutions to the printer offline error depending upon the issue. Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and try troubleshooting the Fix my printer connection issues.
- Download the application from the manufacturer website if it is not included in your driver package. Go to the downloads location on your computer and run the HPPSdr.exe file. After the installation completes, the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool opens. Click Start and then choose your printer.
- Find your printer from the list. If your printer is not displayed, then click on Retry. If it is a connection issue, follow the instructions mentioned in the application. If you get a Printer Updates screen, click Yes to continue. The next screen will prompt you to set the device as the default printer. Click Yes. These steps will help you regain connection to your printer.
- If none of the above solutions work, perform a reset to Fix my printer connection issue. But before proceeding, try performing a test page to check what kind of error persists. If the green and orange lights on the router are not steady, restart the machine which might solve the network error.
- To perform a reset, turn OFF the printer and detach the power cable from the printer’s power port. Switch off the computer or laptop. If your printer is connected over a wireless network connection, then power off the router. Unplug the router’s power cable from the power outlet. Wait for a few seconds and then re-attach the connection.
- Connect the router to your Wireless Access Point and wait until the router’s network light blinks. Re-attach the power cable to the printer’s power port and try turning ON the printer. The best way to tackle all the offline problems is to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Download the above application from the manufacturer website. Use it to solve the printer problems in a simple manner. To perform a reset, restart the printer. Press the power button to switch OFF the printer and detach the power cord from the printer’s rear and from the power outlet.
- Disconnect the power cord from the router too. Switch OFF the computer and wait for 30 seconds. Switch ON the printer by reconnecting all the cables. If the above step doesn’t work, try resetting the network settings. On the printer’s panel, touch Setup and select Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults and choose Yes to reset and resolve Fix my printer connection.