Fix Canon Mx490 Printer Back Online
Canon MX490 is a wireless printer that helps you print from any network device that’s connected to the same network as your printer. Printing documents/images doesn’t always go smoothly, and sometimes, you might get frustrated due to unavoidable technical glitches. In a few cases, it is noticed that the printer offline issue occurs when the user makes changes to their PC. Even though the Canon printer offline error is common, fortunately, it can be examined and fixed. So, you can get your Canon MX490 printer back online using the methods on this page.
SOME OF THE COMMON REASONS FOR PRINTER OFFLINE ISSUES:
- Loose wire or USB cable.
- Connection problem.
- Printer is in sleep mode.
- Paper jam issue.
- Empty paper tray.
- Malware attacks.
- Slow Internet connection.
- Pending files.
- Corrupted or outdated printer drivers.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- Checking the overall printer connections is one of the best troubleshooting steps that you can consider.
- A damaged cable can also lead to a printer offline issue. Therefore, you might have to replace the old cable with a new one.
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that your printer is connected to the right network.
- Confirm that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- Also, check the printer’s LCD screen for any possible error messages.
- In some situations, the printer offline issue can occur due to a paper jam. So, you need to gently pull the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- After you have checked all the printer connections, print a test page.
FIX 1: RESET THE CANON MX490 PRINTER:
- First, turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power cord.
- Now, you just have to leave the printer as it is for about a minute.
- When the time is up, connect the power cord to your printer and turn it on.
- Now, check whether the printer offline issue persists or is gone.
FIX 2: UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
If you haven’t updated your printer drivers for a long time, then there are high chances for the occurrence of printer offline error.
NOTE:The instructions given below are for a Mac
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click Software Update.
- Install any software updates listed for your Canon MX490 printer.
FIX 3: RESETTING THE MAC PRINTING SYSTEM:
If nothing really works out for you, you can reset the printing settings, but this will delete all the existing settings.
- First, click the Apple menu.
- Click on the System Preferences option.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click the blank space in the printer’s list and then click Reset printing system.
- Click Reset to confirm the same.
- If prompted, type in your Administrator username and password and then click OK.
FIX 4: REMOVE AND RE-ADD THE PRINTER:
- Click the Apple logo.
- Choose theSystem Preferences option.
- Click on Printers & Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
- Highlight the Canon printer.
- Click the Minus sign – at the bottom of the list of printers.
- Click Delete Printer.
- Click the Plus sign +.
- Select your Canon MX490 printer from the list.
- Select AirPrint from the drop-down menu and then click Add.
FIX 5: DISABLE THE FIREWALL ON YOUR COMPUTER:
- If you have other firewall software enabled, try to disable it on your computer.
- If you are unaware of how to disable it, contact your firewall provider to get more help.
LAST POSSIBLE TROUBLESHOOTING STEP:
If possible, uninstall the old printer driver and its traces from your computer, and download the full feature printer driver from the official Canon printer support page.
The above troubleshooting steps will definitely help you in solving the Canon MX490 printer offline issue. If not, call our technicians to get the best help possible.