FIX BROTHER PRINTER DRIVER INSTALLATION PROBLEM
A printer driver may fail to install on your computer due to various reasons. When you diagnose the exact cause, you can fix the issue with the respective troubleshooting technique. However, it is not possible to detect the cause in all circumstances. In those instances, you can fix the ongoing issue by trying out the basic troubleshooting techniques. In this article, we have listed those basic troubleshooting techniques one by one. Try out all of them and fix the error efficiently.
If you encounter an issue during the printer driver installation, uninstall the existing printer driver and download the latest one from the official support page of Brother. Then install the updated printer driver. Follow the instructions below and fix the issue.
- On your computer, click Start and go to Applications. Click on Brother Utilities and choose your printer model from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Tools and click on the Uninstall option.
- Follow the instructions and uninstall the printer driver from your computer.
- Install the recently downloaded printer driver and check whether the issue is resolved.
- Turn it off and disconnect the power cord.
- Let your printer be undisturbed for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord turn to your printer.
- Restart your printer and check whether you have fixed the issue.
Restarting your computer and printer can help you fix the existing issues. To restart your printer:
- On your computer, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and choose the Remove device option.
- Now, go to the Control Panel section; under Programs, click the Uninstall a program option.
- Locate the printer driver and uninstall all of them one by one. Now, restart your computer.
- Reinstall the printer driver and check whether the error is fixed.
If the installation process hangs, you can fix it by disabling the startup applications.
- Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys.
- Choose each program and disable it one by one. Finally, restart your computer and check whether you can install the printer driver without any problem.
When you install the printer driver, you need to check whether the connections are firm enough. If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends.
- If you have chosen the Wireless connection method on the Select your connection method screen, check whether the Internet is stable enough. If there is no stability, fix it first and check whether you can install the printer driver now.
If none of the techniques resolved the issue, get back to us for remote assistance.