EPSON XP 8600 PRINTER ERROR 000061
The Epson XP 8600 printer is a small all-in-one machine that lets you do creative projects. The printer lets you do most of the printing easily and also avails borderless printing. One of the amazing features of Epson XP 8600 is the sheer-comfort touchscreen for system-free printing. It can produce prints at a speed of 9.5 papers per second and 9 papers per second for black and color prints, respectively. The printer has a compact design with high-quality prints.
Despite being one of the global producers in printers, this Epson printer has some minor issues that might show some error codes. The printer will go through an error in the form of 000061. This can cause disruptions in the printing, causing hassles. If you, as an user, have come across a similar issue with the Epson XP 8600 printer, here are some simple troubleshooting solutions.
One of the main reasons behind the error code 000061 in Epson XP 8600 are paper jams and paper feeding problems.
Solve paper feed problems
- Ensure that you place the printing media all the way inside the input tray.
- If you are feeding multiple pages at once, remove the paper stack and fan the sheets out evenly.
- Do not exceed the paper tray limit.
- Make sure that the printer meets the paper requirements. Do not load printing media that does not go well with the printer.
- Ensure that the printing media is laid down flat, with the printing side facing downwards.
Fix 1: Clear paper jams
Inside the printer
- Cancel the print job if necessary.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Remove the jammed paper.
- Lift the scanning unit and see if there are any jammed papers present.
- Do not touch the rollers present.
- Close the scanning unit.
Inside the paper tray
- Cancel the ongoing print job.
- Remove the paper tray from the printer completely.
- Remove the paper stack and look for any jammed papers.
- If there are any, discard them from the paper tray.
- Close the paper tray and insert it back into the printer.
In the rear cover
- Turn off the printer and let it cool down for some time.
- Turn the printer to its rear side.
- Press the tab as seen on the rear cover and remove it.
- Remove the jammed paper slowly from the back of the printer.
- Gently remove it from the slot and discard it.
- Press the tab again and close the rear side of the printer.
- Resume printing.
Fix 2: Restart the printer
- Make sure that the Epson XP 8600 printer is turned on.
- Remove the main AC power cord from the printer and the power source.
- Let the printer cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Reconnect the power cord to the main power source and the printer.
- Press the Power button.
You will be resolved from the error code 000061.
Fix 3: Update the driver
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps.
- Select the Epson XP 8600 printer driver and click the Uninstall button.
- Open the Epson support page for the XP 8600 printer.
- Click the Operating System drop-down list and select your OS.
- Click the Recommended For You link and select Download.
- Run the downloaded driver and complete the installation process.
- Pair the Epson XP 8600 printer with the driver.
With the simple troubleshooting methods, you will be resolved from the Epson XP 8600 printer error 000061. For more solutions, click the CALL button linked to this page.