Epson Wf 4640 Printing Issues
There are times when, as a user, you will encounter some printing problems with your Epson WF 4640 printer. Here are the solutions to troubleshoot Epson WF 4640 printing issues.
Common Epson Wf 4640 Printing Issues
- Duplexer (behind the printer): Remove the jammed paper from the paper feed and remove the fragments of paper from the printer to resolve the error.
- Cassette: Remove the jammed paper from the cassette tray.
- Inside the Printer: Open the scanner unit, then remove the jammed paper and the fragments from the printer. Close the scanner unit.
Not Printing Issues:
- Make sure the Epson WF 4640 printer is turned on.
- Check and see if the cables to the printer and the computer are properly connected.
- Make sure you have the printer connected to the computer directly without a USB hub.
- Make sure the Epson WF 4640 printer is selected as the default printer before performing the print job.
Now make sure to delete the pending print jobs from the printer queue as mentioned in the following steps.
On Windows 8, 10:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click the Hardware and Sound
- Locate and perform a right-click on the Epson WF 4640 printer, select See What’s Printing.
- Right-click on the pending print jobs, select Cancel, and click
On Windows 7:
- Click the Start
- Select the Devices and Printers
- Perform a right-click on the Epson WF 4640 printer and select See What’s Printing.
- Right-click on the pending print job, select Cancel, and click
- If you have a print document inverted, you can make changes in the print settings.
- Open the Epson print application, locate and disable the Mirror or Inversion settings.
- Click the checkbox to un-tick the options Mirror Image, Flip Horizontally.
Prints Blank Pages:
- Select the correct paper size for the document you are printing.
- If you see a blank page in the document, open the Epson printer software and select the option Skip Blank Page.
- Perform a nozzle check to see if the nozzle is clogged.
- Clean the print head if needed.
- Open the paper tray of the Epson WF 6460 printer, make sure the paper guides are pushed against the edges of the paper.
- Make sure to select a superior print quality from the Epson printer software.
- Align the print head if necessary.
Ink Not Recognized
- If you find the ink cartridge not recognized on the Epson WF 4640 printer, the best alternative to resolve the issue is by reinstalling or replacing the ink cartridges.
- Tap on the Home button on the printer control panel and select the Setup option. Further, select the options Maintenance and Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- When you see the message on the display screen, open the scanner unit.
- Remove each of the cartridges from their slots and then reinstall them carefully.
- Close the scanner unit and then press the Start button.
- The Epson WF 4640 printer will charge the installed cartridges.
- Now, see if the printing issue has been fixed.
Dark Lines In Print
- If you have your print copies with dark lines, you have to check the following steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- The first step is to run a nozzle check to see if the print head nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head from the Epson printer control panel.
- Make sure you have selected the right paper type.
- Confirm that the print head is properly aligned.
- Replace the ink cartridges if necessary.
- Perform a nozzle check pattern to see if the ink cartridges are clogged.
- Clean the print head if necessary.
- Replace the ink cartridges if the cartridges are too old or the ink has dried up.
- Make sure to insert the media that suits your printing needs.
- Always check to see if the installed paper is not old, curled up, or damaged.
- Align and clean the print head.
Color Printing Issues
- While you are printing a document, make sure the Black/Greyscale or Greyscale option is selected.
- Now, run a nozzle check to see if the print head nozzles are clogged.
- Clean the print head if it’s a must.
- Make sure to use authentic Epson ink cartridges to have the best color printout results.
- Now, see if the Epson WF 4640 printing issue has been fixed.