Epson Wf 2540 Printing Issues
As with every printer, Epson WF 2540 comes with its own issues. Users face common issues related to printing, page layout, and print quality issues while trying to print from the Epson WF 2540 printer.Let’s now dive into the common Epson WF 2540 printing issues and then the ways of resolving them.
Problems printing from your computer:
In case you have sent a print job and nothing gets printed, follow these instructions to solve the problem:
- Confirm that your printer is turned on.
- Ensure that the interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- In case you have connected the printer to a USB hub, confirm that it is a first-tier hub. If you find it to be a first-tier hub and still the printer does not print, try connecting the printer directly to your computer instead of the hub.
- Try running a product check and see whether you are able to print a test page.
- If you can, then ensure that your printer software is installed correctly.
- In case you are using a Windows computer, make sure that your Epson printer is chosen as the default one. If this step does not resolve the issue, try clearing the stalled print jobs from your Windows Spooler.
- The Nothing Printsissue should be resolved by now. You should be able to print normally from now onwards.
- You have now fixed one of the common Epson WF 2540 printing issues.
Product icon fails to appear in Windows taskbar:
If you cannot see your printer icon on the Windows taskbar, try restarting your computer. If that fails to work, try executing the following troubleshooting techniques – Choose any of the following tasks, based on the Windows version you are using:
- First, navigate to theStart Then right-click your screen and choose All apps. Now, follow this path:
- Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Devices and Printers.
For Windows 8:
- Click on the Start
- Select the Devices and Printers
For Windows 7:
- Click on the Start
- Choose the Control Panel option and then go to Hardware and Sound.
- Under Hardware and Sound, click on
For Windows Vista:
- First, click Startand then select the Printers and Faxes
- Otherwise, navigate to the Control Panel,choose Printers and Other Hardware, and then select Printers and Faxes.
For Windows XP:
- Right-click on your Epson printer’sname and choose the Printing Preferences option to continue to resolve one of the most common Epson WF 2540 printing issues.
- If required, select your Epson printer name once again.
- It is now time to click the Maintenance
- Click on the Extended Settings
- Choose the Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3option.
- then click on the OK
- Now, click on theMonitoring Preferences
- Select the checkbox next to the Register the shortcut icon to the taskbar
- To exit all the open program windows, click on the OK
- You have now fixed one of the common Epson WF 2540 printing issues (The product icon fails to appear in the Windows taskbar).
Error after replacing the cartridges:
After you replace an ink cartridge, sometimes, you might see an error light or message. To fix this problem, follow these instructions:
- Confirm that the print head is in the ink cartridge replacement position.
- Try taking out the ink cartridge you have replaced.
- Then, reinsert it all the way into its slot.
- You now have to finish the ink cartridge installation steps.
You have now resolved the error that occurs after you replace the cartridges, which is one of the common Epson WF 2540 printing issues.
If you find that your Epson printer prints slowly, make use of the techniques given below to resolve the issue:
- First, confirm that your system meets your operating system requirementsof the printer. In case you are trying to print an image of high resolution, the minimum requirements will not be sufficient. You might have to increase your system memory.
- In case you are currently using the Windows 7 version, close the Devices and Printerswindow before you start printing.
- Try clearing out some of the space on your hard drive. Otherwise, attempt to run a defragmentation utility to free up some of the existing space.
- When you begin printing, close all the open programs (if there are any and you are not using them) to continue with the steps to fix your Epson WF 2540 printing issue.
- In case you have connected your Epson printer to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer.
- Sometimes, the printing process might slow down after a long duration of printing. In such a case, allow the printer to rest with the power on for about 30 minutes. After that, you can start printing once again.
- From now, you should be able to print fast.
- You have now resolved another Epson WF 2540 printing issue.
For assistance regarding other Epson WF 2540 printing issues, click the CALL button.