Fixed: Epson Printer Error W-41
Every error code signifies an issue in the ongoing process. When you spot the exact cause, you can fix the problem without much effort. If you encounter the error code W-41 on your Epson printer, it signifies the issue related to the installed cartridges. Try out the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the problem efficiently.
Replace the cartridges
- When the cartridges go empty, you need to replace them with anew ones. If you fail to replace them on time, you may end up with the error code W-41 on your Epson printer. You can monitor the estimated ink levels on your printer through your printer control panel or the printer driver. Once you have located the expended cartridge, replace it as soon as possible.
- Once you have replaced the ink cartridges, check whether the error code W-41 has disappeared. If not, proceed with the next solution.
Check your cartridges
- If your cartridges are not correctly installed on your printer, you will encounter the error code W-41.
- In that case, open the printer’s front cover and take out all the cartridges one by one. Then, insert the cartridges into their respective holders and press them until they snap in their places. Make sure to install the cartridges according to the color indications.
- Finally, press the Start button so that the cartridges will be aligned in the correct position. Now, check whether the error code ishas disappeared.
Clean the chip
- With a soft lint-free cloth, gently clean the chips of all the ink cartridges. Make sure not to damage the chip during the cleaning process.
- Once you are done with the cleaning process, reset the printer and check whether the issue is resolved.
Check the compatibility
- It is important to use genuine Epson cartridges. If you are using third-party ink cartridges, itthey may turn incompatible with your Epson printer.
- Thus, replace the third-party ink cartridges with genuine Epson ink cartridges and check whether the error code has disappeared.
Power cycle your printer
- A simple power cycle can help you fix most of the significant issues. Turn off your printer and then disconnect the power cable from the printer and the electrical outlet to do a power cycle.
- Let your printer be undisturbed for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cable to your printer and the electrical outlet. Now, turn on your printer and check whether the issue is resolved.
If you cannot resolve the issue yet, you can get back to us.
To know how to reset the Epson L3116 printer, follow the steps described in this article.