How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 000031? [Solved]
While using a printer or any electronic gadget, errors may occur. This page covers the causes and solutions to resolve the Epson printer error code 000031.
Usually, most printer errors occur due to problems with the printer’s hardware. The Epson printer error code may occur while performing the scan operation. The causes of this error code are listed below.
- An internal hardware fault
- Improper installation of the ink cartridges
- Paper jam
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Epson Printer Error Code
The error code 000031 might seems difficult to resolve. But, it is not true. You can clear it easily by performing the simple and quick troubleshooting methods given below.
Method 1: Check And Clear Packing Materials
- While unpacking the printer, you might have missed removing some packing materials from your printer. As a result, this error code will be displayed on the screen.
- Check whether the printer is unpacked completely.
- Especially, check if the packing materials placed on the scanner glass are removed.
- Make sure to recycle the packing materials properly.
- Now, try to perform the scan operation. If the Epson printer error code 000031 remains unresolved, then perform the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall Epson Printer Ink Cartridges
Sometimes, improper installation of the ink cartridges may also lead to error code 000031.
- Open your Epson printer’s ink cartridge access door.
- Locate the ink cartridges and check whether they are installed correctly.
- If not, remove and reinstall them correctly in their slots.
- Make sure that the cartridges have been unpacked completely.
- Close the access door.
- Now, try to perform the scan or print operation.
Method 3: Remove The Jammed Paper
- Check whether any paper is jammed inside your printer.
- If yes, remove it.
- While removing the jammed paper, make sure to remove it gently and without damaging it further.
- After removing the jammed paper, try to perform the scan or print operation.
- If the printer performs the desired operation correctly, then the Epson printer error code 000031 has been resolved.
Method 4: Turn Off And On Your Printer
- Initially, cancel all the existing print operations.
- Turn off the Epson printer completely.
- Now, locate the B/W Copy, Color Copy, and Stop/Reset buttons on your printer’s control panel. Press all three buttons simultanously.
- Turn on your Epson printer. When the init.EEPROM message is displayed on your printer display, release all three buttons.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to clear the error code 000031.
Method 5: Reset The Printer
- If the methods didn’t resolve the Epson error code, then reset your printer settings to default.
- After resetting your printer settings, reconfigure them correctly.
- Now, try to perform the print or scan operation.
- If the printer performs your print or scan operation correctly, then error code 000031 has been resolved.
- To know more about how to resolve the Epson printer error code 000031, contact us.