- Fix My Printer >>
- Epson P600 Not Printing Black
EPSON P600 NOT PRINTING BLACK
What to do if Epson P600 is not printing black? We will let you know how to fix this problem in this article. And the important thing you should know is that if your printer is not printing black, it may be due to an empty black cartridge or clogged print head nozzle. In most of the cases, it won’t be a significant problem. Let us see how to fix your Epson P600 printer that is not printing black.
HOW TO FIX MY PRINTER THAT’S NOT PRINTING BLACK?
- Firstly, check the ink level in the black cartridge.
- Secondly, replace the black ink cartridge if it is low on ink. If it is full, then print a nozzle check pattern.
- Lastly, clean the print head to remove clogs if the printed nozzle check pattern is improper.
Checking The Ink Level On The LCD
When your black ink cartridge is running low on ink or is expended, you will see an error message on your printer’s display. So, check the printer for any error message. You can check the ink level at any time if you want.
- Press the Home button.
- Next, press the ink level display button.
- Now, you can see the ink levels on the screen.
- Select Cartridge Information for detailed information on the cartridges.
Replacing The Ink Cartridge
- Turn on your printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Press the latch to unlock and open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press and hold the tab on the cartridge and lift it straight upward to remove it.
- Gently shake the replacement cartridge five times.
- Now, remove the cartridge out of its package.
- Peel off the yellow tape from the cartridge’s bottom. Avoid touching the green chip on the ink cartridge.
- Insert the replacement cartridge into its slot.
- Press on the top of the ink cartridge until it clicks.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and press it down until it clicks.
- Close the printer cover gently.
- Wait for the printer to charge the ink delivery system. Do not perform other operations or turn off the printer.
Print Head Nozzle Check
- On your printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Next, press the Setup button.
- Select Maintenance –> Print Head Nozzle Check.
- Place plain paper in the sheet feeder.
- Select Print, and the printer begins to print the nozzle pattern.
- Check the printed pattern to determine if print head cleaning is required. If the printed pattern is improper, perform print head cleaning.
Print Head Cleaning
- Hit the Home button and then the Setup button.
- Choose Maintenance –> Print Head Cleaning.
- Load plain paper into the sheet feeder.
- Select Head Cleaning and then choose Print.
- The cleaning cycle begins. Do not turn off your Epson P600 printer until the process is finished.
- When the cleaning cycle is over, select Print Nozzle Check Pattern –> Print.
- Check if the pattern is perfect or there are any improvements. If not, repeat the cleaning process. You can clean the print head up to 4 times and wait for at least 6 hours.
We hope this guide helps resolve your query – “Epson P600 not printing black.”
If you are looking for any assistance, you can always call us.