- Fix My Printer >>
- Epson XP-6100 Scan Setup
Epson Expression Premium XP-6100 Scanning – 3 Ways To Scan
Epson Expression Premium XP-6100 is a versatile printer that can handle your projects like a pro. Since this print supports scanning, you don’t need to purchase any other separate scanners. This scanner is great for scanning and archiving documents, poster designs, business cards, photos, and more. This blog will look at how this Epson Expression Premium XP-6100 printer can help you accomplish your scanning goals.
Make Your Printer Ready For The Scanning Task
Before you go ahead with the scanning job, completing your printer’s initial setup is important. If you are unsure about the procedure, these guidelines will help you out.
- Unpack your printer and remove the packing tape and protective covers.
- Connect the power cord to your printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet. Then, turn on your Epson printer by pressing the Power button.
- Load enough sheets into the paper tray and install the cartridges into the respective slots.
- Choose your preferences and paper settings on the printer control panel.
This completes the Epson Expression Premium XP6100 printer’s initial setup. The oncoming sections will show you how to get compatible software and go ahead with your scan job.
Download The Driver
You need to install the appropriate drivers on your computer to access the printer. Also, communication between the printer and the computer is impossible without drivers. Let’s learn how to get the scanner driver from Epson’s official website.
- Access Epson’s official website from your default browser.
- Type Epson XP-6100 in the search area and press Enter.
- In the search results, click the correct printer.
- Click Download when you are redirected to the printer support page.
- Your operating system will now be recognized, and compatible drivers will be displayed. Select the suitable driver and click Download.
- You can also select your operating system manually from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- The selected drivers will be downloaded in a short time in the background.
Install The Driver
- After downloading the compatible driver for your printer, you can proceed with the installation steps.
- Locate the setup file in your Downloads folder and run it.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears, click Yes.
- On the “Select connection method” screen, select “Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi)“ or “Connect via USB cable” to connect the printer and computer.
- If connecting using a wireless connection, make sure the Epson printer and computer are connected to the same router’s network. If you connect them to different networks, you won’t be able to scan documents to your computer.
- For a USB connection, you need to connect the cable between the printer and computer when prompted by the installer.
- Go ahead with the instructions and complete the installation.
Scan From The Printer Control Panel
- Place the original on the scanner glass.
- Press the Home button on the printer control panel and select the Scan option.
- On the Scan To screen, select Computer.
- The Scan to Computer screen shows all computers connected to the same network.
- Select the computer you want to scan the original to and select OK.
- Pick Save as PDF if you want to save the document in PDF format. Similarly, select Save as JPEG in order to save the scanned image as a JPEG file.
- Select Attach to Email to attach the scanned document to an email. You can customize scan settings using Epson Event Manager.
- If the printer and computer are connected with a USB cable, scanned documents will be sent directly to the connected computer. In this case, there is no need to specify the target computer.
- Finally, press the Start button. The printer will now scan the document and save it to the selected destination.
Scan From The Scanner Software
If you want to scan your documents using the scanner software, you can do it using the Epson ScanSmart and Epson Scan 2 applications. Since you have already installed the required software on your computer, you can immediately jump to the procedure.
- To begin with, ensure you have connected your printer and computer over the same network or via a USB cable.
- Load your originals on the scanner glass.
- Open the scanner software on your computer and ensure Epson XP-6100 is selected in the Scanner field. If you find any discrepancy, make the appropriate changes.
- Make the necessary changes to your document and click the Scan button.
- Now, your Epson printer will start scanning the document and saving it to the specified destination.
Scan Documents With Phone
Since Epson EcoTank ET-2800 is a mobile-friendly printer, so you can scan documents with just a tap of your smartphone. Here are the detailed steps:
- First, install the Epson Smart Panel app on your smartphone.
- The application is available for download on the App Store and Play Store. Place the original on the scanner glass. Open the Epson Smart Panel application and tap the Scan menu on the home screen.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to scan and save the document. This is how to scan a document on your phone.
We have drafted this article to help you scan your documents using the Epson Expression Premium XP-6100 printer. In case you still have questions after reading the blog post, please don’t hesitate to reach us by clicking the Call button on this page. Thanks for reading!