Epson ET-8550 Printer Setup [Complete Guide]
Epson ET 8550 is an all-in-one printer with supersized ink tanks at an affordable price. Are you planning to begin the setup procedure for this printer? You can check this page to learn more about the printer and its setup procedure.
The initial setup procedure begins with the unpacking process. So, open the product box and then check all the components present inside the box. Keep the printer aside. Remove all the protective materials from the inside and outside of your printer.
Let us start connecting the power cord.
Connecting The Power Cord:
Now, connect one end of the power cord to the back of the printer and the other end to an electrical outlet. Press the Power button. The printer turns on immediately.
Now, it’s time to fill in the ink tanks.
Filling Ink Tanks:
- Open the ink tank cover and then the ink tank cap.
- Unpack the ink bottle package and remove all the protective materials from it.
- Insert the bottle standing upright, and then wait until the tank fills completely.
- Repeat the procedure for the other ink tanks.
- Close the ink tank cap securely and then the ink tank cover.
Now, continue with the ink charging process.
Loading The Paper:
- Before you begin, make sure that the ink charging process is complete.
- Pull out the paper cassette from the printer.
- Adjust the edge guides and start loading the paper.
- Place the paper cassette back into the Epson printer.
The printer is not yet connected to the computer. To do that, you need to install the printer driver on your computer. It is very simple.
Since the Epson ET 8550 printer comes with an installation disc, you can simply insert it into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
Run the software program and then continue with the further on-screen instructions. When asked to select the connection method, choose your preferred connection method.
The available connection methods are Wireless connection and USB connection .
Otherwise, you can download the printer driver from the official Epson website and install it on your Windows computer.
- Using your Windows computer, open a web browser.
- Navigate to the Downloads page of your printer.
- Choose the appropriate OS version and then click Download next to the required printer driver.
- Install it on your computer.
The printer is now ready to print, scan, or copy.
Hopefully, the information was useful. You’ve now seen the Epson ET-8550 Printer Setup procedure, and start enjoying all the advanced features that the printer offers.