Epson ES-50 Scanner Not Working
Epson ES-50 is one of the finest portable scanners present in the market. If you are looking for a document scanner that’s easy and portable, the Epson ES-50 scanner is the machine to look out for!
One negative aspect of the Epson ES-50 scanner is it does not have an Automatic Document Feeder. Also, it does not support wireless printing. The only way to connect the scanner is through a USB interface cable.
Some of the finest advantages you can avail with Epson ES-50 are:
- Fast scanning of 5.5 seconds per page
- Affordable pricing
- Lightweight and portable
Despite the finest features and affordability, there are times when the Epson ES-50 scanner stops working. Now, there doesn’t seem to be any type of valid reason as to why the issue occurs. On this page, you’ll find all the answers you are looking for to ensure that the scanner starts working again.
Issue 1: Scanner does not turn off or on
- Make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to the scanner and the computer.
- Ensure that the scanner is placed away from direct sunlight. The issue could be because of the high temperature.
- Do not use a USB hub. Try to connect the scanner to the computer directly.
Issue 2: Scanner does not scan
- Restart your computer and see if the scanner works.
- Press the Start button to ensure that the scanner is not turned off.
- Check if the USB cable is intact.
- If the cable is damaged, replace the old USB cable with a brand new one.
This is a sure-shot way to resolve the Epson ES-50 scanner not working issue.
Issue 3: Problem with the software
The best and the easiest solution to this problem is to uninstall the existing software. Here’s how it’s done.
- Open Settings (Windows + I).
- Select Apps > Apps & features.
- Scroll down the apps section and select the Epson software from the list.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Epson support page for the ES-50 scanner.
- Locate the scanner software on the page.
- Choose your operating system and its version.
- Download the software and run the installation.
Issue 4: Jam in the scanner
- Paper jams are quite common, be it a printer or a scanner.
- The paper jam in the scanner is quite visible to your naked eye.
- Gently pull the jammed paper from the scanner.
- Ensure that there are no fragments of paper present inside.
- Discard the jammed paper and see if your Epson ES-50 scanner works for good this time.
You can work on the steps based on the issue you are facing on your Epson ES-50 scanner to make sure it works again. If you are facing any difficulty in rounding up the problem, click the CALL button pinned to this page. Our team of technically sound experts will get the job done for you.
- If the above troubleshooting methods don’t work out for you, then resetting the printer to its factory settings could be your last resort.
- Remember that this action will remove all the printer settings.