Epson EcoTank ET-2800 Setup
Are you looking for the Epson ET-2800 printer setup instructions? Setting up a printer for the first time might be a daunting process. On the other hand, we’ve got your back covered. You merely need to adhere to the proper requirements in order to complete the process. If you follow the instructions on this page, the setup process won’t take much time at all. With that said, let’s get started.
procedure For Hardware Setup
Once the printer gets delivered to your home, you should set it up first. The following instructions can help you complete the work in minutes.
- Unpack your printer and take out every item you have received.
- Ensure all the components are delivered perfectly without any damage.
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet.
- Unpack the ink bottles and fill the tanks according to the color indications.
- Lift the control panel and turn on the printer. After choosing your preferences, press the Start button to begin the ink charging process.
- Open the feeder guard and raise the paper support.
- Move the guides to the extreme ends and load a fresh stack of paper.
- Adjust the guides against the stack.
- Finally, choose the print settings on the printer’s LCD screen.
Good things come to those who wait! You have successfully completed your printer’s hardware setup. However, completing the hardware setup alone will not serve the purpose. To get the most out of the printer, you should connect it to your computer. The oncoming instructions will show you the proper steps in detail.
Procedure For Software Setup
You can get the software installed on your computer using the supplied installation CD. If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can get the full-featured driver from Epson’s official website. The following guidelines can give you a clear insight into the procedure.
Get The Software From The Epson Website
- From your default browser, head to Epson’s official website.
- Type your printer model and press Enter on your keyboard.
- When you are directed to the product support page, click the Downloads tab.
- It will display all the drivers compatible with your Operating System.
- In case you find a mismatch between the selected and detected OS, choose your option from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Now, select the most appropriate driver and click the Download button.
- The chosen driver will be downloaded to your computer within a few seconds.
Install The Software On Your Computer
If you have the installation CD, insert it into your computer’s driver and complete the installation. If you have the software from Epson’s website, follow these guidelines.
- Find the setup file within your computer and run the setup file.
- If you install the software on a Windows computer, click the Yes button when User Account Control pops up.
- Suppose you install the software on a Mac. In that case, you need to provide the administrator credentials when prompted.
- When prompted to select the connection type, choose the preferred option and connect your printer and computer accordingly.
- Go ahead with the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.
- This completes the initial setup of your Epson ET-2800 printer.
Connecting The Devices In Different Methods
Connecting a printer and computer can be done in several ways. You can do it via Wi-Fi, USB, and Wi-Fi Direct. In this section, we have discussed all these methods in detail. Have a quick glance and implement the steps accordingly.
Connect Your Printer And Computer Via Wi-Fi
You must complete two stages to connect your printer and computer via Wi-Fi. The first is connecting the printer to your router’s network, and the next is connecting the computer to which your printer is connected. Then, you can start accessing the printer wirelessly from your computer.
Connect Your Printer And Router Via WPS
- If your router is WPS enabled, you can connect your printer to it in a more innovative way without entering any credentials at any point.
- To begin with, press your router’s WPS button.
- Touch the Home icon on the printer control panel.
- Using the arrow buttons, choose Wi-Fi Setup and press OK.
- On the Network screen, select Wi-Fi (Recommended).
- On the Connect via Wi-Fi screen, choose the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option.
- Next, select Push Button Setup (WPS) and press OK.
Connect Your Printer And Router Via Wi-Fi Setup Wizard
- If you don’t have such a router, you have a different option; you can go with the convenient way of connecting devices through Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- On the Epson printer control panel, touch the Home icon.
- Wi-Fi Setup> Wi-Fi Recommended> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- When your printer shows you a list of nearby networks, pick your router’s SSID and enter the password in the appropriate field.
- A connection between your printer and router will be established in a short while.
Connect Your Printer And Computer Wirelessly Via Wi-Fi Direct
Suppose you don’t have a wireless router but still looking for a way to connect your devices wirelessly. In that case, you can consider using a direct Wi-Fi connection. In fact, it is a faster and more reliable way to connect your printer and computer; this will allow you to connect your devices directly without an Internet connection. Here are the detailed instructions:
- On your printer’s home screen, touch the Home icon.
- Select Wi-Fi> Wi-Fi Direct. Then, press the OK button twice.
- Head to your smartphone and turn on Wi-Fi.
- When it shows you a list of nearby networks, pick the printer’s name and enter the password in the appropriate field.
- Your printer will be connected directly to the computer in a few minutes.
Connect Your Printer And Computer Via USB
- Refer to the previous section and download the driver from the Epson official website.
- Run the setup file and click Yes when the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears.
- On the End User License Agreement page, accept the terms and conditions.
- On the Select Your Connection Method screen, select Connect the USB connection option and click Next.
- When prompted, connect the printer to your computer through a USB cable.
- Continue following the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Long Story Short
We have compiled this complete article to help you out with the Epson EcoTank ET-2800 printer setup. But, if you face problems while setting up the printer or feel like running around in circles while connecting the printer to the computer, connect with us via the Call button on this page. Our technical engineers will reach you and assist you in the best way possible.