Diagnose and fix printer problems
The problems that arise on a printer are caused by different reasons which are to be identified to get the correct cause and solution. The process of diagnose and fix printer problems and resolving it is termed as troubleshooting. The following steps can be utilized of the same.
Steps to diagnose and resolve issues on the printer
- Turn on the problematic printer and your computer.
- Look out for any physical damages on your printer, computer or connection components.
- If you find any issues with the device or its parts, replace them immediately with genuine parts from the manufacturer.
- If there are no physical damages, open the web browser on your computer.
- Visit the manufacturer site and look out for your printer model.
- Click on the downloads option and select the HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- The application is crafted exclusively for your Windows computers.
- Install the application to diagnose and resolve the issues on your printer automatically.
Detailed procedure to diagnose and fix printer problems
- Ensure that the printer is connected to a proper power source from a direct wall outlet. Check the power cord for any damages in it. Do not connect through a spike buster or surge protector as the chances of power supply issues are high.
- Check for any issues on the connection components through which the computer and printer are connected. Replace and reset the connection components if required.
- Power up the devices and connect them with one another. Ensure that you are establishing the connection as per the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
- Check for any diagnose and fix printer and printing problems automatically on the ink cartridges or toners and replace them if necessary. Ensure that you are using genuine ink cartridges and toners on the printer for replacement.
- Ensure that there are no damages to the printer. Check for any paper jam or foreign objects in any part of the printer. Remove the jammed paper or other objects carefully without causing any damage to the printer or its parts.
- Open the web browser on your computer and visit the manufacturer’s site. Click on the respective HP printer series and choose the correct model.
- Open the downloads tab and look for the HP Print and Scan Doctor application. The app is available for Windows operating system. It is capable of diagnosing and resolving the problems automatically on the connected printer.
- Download the application to your computer and install it by following the onscreen prompts. Launch the application and look for the HP printer model connected to your computer.
- Click on the Fix Printing or Fix Scanning option according to the requirement and carry forward with the process to diagnose and fix printer problems on your printer.
- For any assistance, get in touch with our expert team and resolve your problems with the printer