Computer Cant Find Wireless Printer [Fixed]
When you set up a wireless printer on your computer and the latter recognizes the former, you can easily print remotely. On this page, we shall see how to fix Computer Cant Find Wireless Printer in detail.
Simple Guide To Find Wireless Printer
When Your Printer Has A Display Screen
- In case your printer is equipped with a display screen, locate the Settings option on the Home screen of the machine. This procedure will vary, based on the printer model you are using.
- Go to the Network Settings or the Network Connection section (depending on the model) and then choose the Wi-Fi Setupoption.
- Now, select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option. You will find that your printer starts searching for available networks.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network from the displayed list of names.
- Next, you need to enter your wireless network password.
- Your computer will now recognize the printer.
When Your Printer Does Not Have A Display Screen
- Take the USB cable and connect one of its ends to the printer.
- Connect the opposite end of this USB cable to the computer.
- Now, you can perform the instructions on the Setup Wizard.
- Based on the model of your printer, the Setup Wizard is either started from a CD or an installer file, which is downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
- Once you complete the steps in the Setup Wizard, you can unplug the USB cable from the printer.
Your printer is now successfully connected to the network and the Computer Cant Find Wireless Printer issue is fixed. The next task is to add your printer to your computer (or any other device that has printing capabilities).
NOTE: The following instructions apply to a Windows computer
- On your computer, click on the Start icon and select Settings. Or else, go to control panel.
- Choose the Devices or the Devices & Printers option.
- In the main window, click on Add a printer or scanner.
- On the page that displays next, choose your printer from the list of available printers.
- Click on the Add Device button.
- However, if your printer is not listed in the available list of printers, click on The printer that I want isn’t listed link. Now, follow the on-screen instructions until your printer is added to the list.
- Your wireless printer is now recognized by your computer. So, the printer is ready to print wirelessly.
If you are struggling to fix Computer Cant Find Wireless Printer, feel free to contact our technical experts.