- Fix My Printer >>
- Canon Ts9120 Scanner Not Working
Fixed: Canon Ts9120 Not Scanning Issue
Canon PIXMA TS9120 is a compact multi-function printer that provides high-quality printing. It is very easy to scan your photos and documents using the IJ Scan Utility or ScanGear application. But sometimes, due to a connectivity or driver issue, the scanner will stop working on your printer. So, perform the below instructions to solve the Canon Ts9120 Not Scanning issue.
CHECK THE CANON TS9120 CONNECTIVITY
- First, lift the scanner lid on your printer and check whether you have properly loaded the document on the scanner glass.
- If not, reload it with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that the power cord is plugged into the rear of your Canon PIXMA TS9120 printer and an electrical outlet.
- Ensure to power on your printer.
- If you’ve connected your Canon printer and computer via a USB cable, check if the cable is connected securely at both the ends. If there’s any problem with your USB cable, replace it.
- In case you are making use of a Wi-Fi network to connect your printer and computer, ensure that both the devices are on the same network.
- Make sure that the driver you have installed is supported by your Canon PIXMA TS9120 printer.
- Now, check whether you have solved the scan issue on your printer.
- If the problem continues, restart your computer.
- If it still doesn’t work, then follow the instructions in the next section.
RECONNECT THE CANON TS9120 PRINTER
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- Now, disconnect the cables from the wireless router for 15 seconds.
- Restart your computer and wait until it turns on.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Power on your Canon PIXMA TS9120 printer.
- Once you connect the printer to the network, check whether you can scan using your machine.
REINSTALL THE CANON TS9120 PRINTER DRIVER
Before reinstalling the driver, make sure to completely uninstall the existing printer driver from your computer. By following the below instructions, you can reinstall the printer driver on your device.
UNINSTALLING THE PIXMA TS9120 DRIVER
- Click the Start menu on your computer’s main screen.
- Now, you need to search for the Control Panel option using the search bar.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the search results.
- Select the Programs option in the Control Panel window.
- Here, choose the Programs & Features option from the list.
- Now, select the Canon PIXMA TS9120 printer driver from the list and right-click it.
- Click the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Click again on the Uninstall option in the confirmation dialog box.
- Once you have completely removed the driver, reinstall it on your computer. To do the same, carry out the instructions in the following section.
REINSTALLING THE CANON TS9120 DRIVER
- If you have the driver installation CD that comes with your printer package, insert it into the computer’s CD-ROM drive and begin with the installation process.
- You just have to perform the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- If you don’t have the driver CD, open the default browser on your computer.
- Now, visit the official support page of your Canon PIXMA TS9120 printer.
- Type your printer name in the search bar at the top of the support page.
- In the next window, choose your printer name from the list of displayed devices.
- Now, select your printer’s model number from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Drivers & Downloads button at the top of the page.
- Under the Drivers & Downloads category, select your desired operating system with the version from the drop-down list.
- Go ahead and choose your language.
- Now, click on the Select button placed straight to the driver file.
- Click the Download button below the selected driver file.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA TS9120 driver will begin to download on your computer.
- Once the driver downloading is over, launch the executable file and start the installation process.
- Finish the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
- Now, check whether your Canon printer is scanning properly.
You can fix the “Canon TS9120 not scanning” problem by following the above procedures.Contact us if you face any difficulty in following the instructions on this page.