- Fix My Printer >>
- Canon Ts9120 Printing Issues
CANON TS9120 NOT PRINTING BLACK [QUICK FIX]
What to do if Canon TS9120 not printing black? You need to read through this article completely to know the answer.The Canon TS9120 printer may not print black due to an empty ink tank or clogged print head. These two are the primary causes of the issue. Let us see how to fix them quickly.
First, check the ink tank status on the printer’s touchscreen. If you find the level of black ink is low or empty, replace the ink tank.Next, if the ink level is not low or empty and still the printer cannot print black, then clean the print head and try to print again.
Follow the below procedures to check the ink status, replace ink tank, examine nozzle pattern, and clean the print head.
CHECKING CANON TS9120 PRINTER INK LEVEL
- Turn on your printer.
- On the home screen, select Settings.
- Tap Estimated ink levels.
- If the black ink tank is low on ink, you will see an Exclamatory mark above the respective tank.
REPLACING CANON TS9120 INK TANK
- Your printer must be turned on.
- Open the top cover.
- Remove the black ink tank, which is low on ink.
- Take out a new black ink tank from its package.
- Remove the orange tape and the protective film completely.
- Position the ink tank with the orange protective cap facing up.
- Make sure that you do not touch the Y-shaped air hole.
- Remove the orange protective cap.
- Insert the front side of the tank into the print head.
- Make sure the ink tank locks into place.
- Close the top cover.
PRINT THE CANON NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Make sure you have white paper loaded into the cassette.
- Choose the paper settings after loading the paper.
- Now, choose Setup on the Home screen.
- Select Maintenance –> Print nozzle check pattern –> Yes.
- Once the nozzle check pattern is printed, you need to examine the print to find any blur, missing lines, white streak, and other print quality issues.
- If you do not find any black prints or see irregular black prints, then you need to perform the print head cleaning.
CLEAN THE CANON TS9120 PRINT HEAD
Note: When you clean the print head, it consumes ink. So, clean the print head only if it is necessary.
- Turn on your printer.
- Load paper into the cassette.
- Choose the paper settings.
- Press Setup on the home screen.
- On the setup menu screen, select Maintenance.
- Now, choose Cleaning.
- Tap Yes.
The printer starts to clean the print head. Wait until the printer completes the cleaning process. Do not perform any other task on your printer. Choose Yes. The nozzle check pattern is printed again. Now, examine the nozzle check pattern to see if the black ink is printing. If not, then you must deep clean the print head.
DEEP CLEAN THE CANON TS9120 PRINT HEAD
- Power on your printer.
- Load plain white paper.
- Select the paper settings.
- Tap Setup on the home screen.
- Touch Maintenance –> Deep cleaning.
- Now, select Yes on the confirmation screen.
- Once the deep cleaning is done, choose Yes to print the nozzle check pattern.
- Check if the printer prints black ink.
Most of the time, just after performing a regular print head cleaning operation, the printer prints without any quality issues.We hope your issue gets resolved after executing our instructions. If your Canon TS9120 not printing black issue still persists, call us to help you better.