- Fix My Printer >>
- CANON SCANNER NOT WORKING WINDOWS 10
CANON SCANNER NOT WORKING WINDOWS 10
Is your Canon scanner not working on Windows 10? Don’t worry; this is a common problem reported by many Windows 10 users. This Canon scanner problem can be solved with the appropriate solutions. Let’s see some of the techniques to resolve this issue.
Some of the common causes for the Canon scanner not working on Windows 10 issue
- There might be a connection problem.
- If your Canon scanner is new, it may not be compatible with your Operating System.
- Your device driver for the Canon scanner may be outdated.
- A device driver may become corrupted.
- Malware or virus attacks may cause device failure.
Some of the fixes to solve the Canon scanner not working o n Windows 10 issue
Here are some of the fixes to solve the Canon scanner not working on Windows 10.
Perform a clean boot:
- On your keyboard, press Windows key+ R.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Locate the Services tab.
- Check and disable Hide all Microsoft services.
- Locate the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Disable the first entry on the list and do the same for all the entries.
- Get back to the System Configuration window.
- Click Apply >OK.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
Run Windows troubleshooter:
- On your keyboard, press Windows key+ I to open Settings.
- Locate the Update & Security section and choose Troubleshoot.
- Select Printer and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Go ahead with the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Update the driver for Canon Scanner:
- Hit Start and type Device Manager in the search bar.
- Click on Device Manager from the search results.
- Locate and right-click on your Canon Scanner and choose the Update Driver Software option.
- Choose the Search automatically for the updated driver software option and click on it.
- Now, Windows will search your computer and the Internet for the latest driver software for your device.
Repair corrupted files in the system:
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the Run command dialog box.
- Type cmd and click O K.
- A command prompt opens, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The scanning process starts.
Configure scanner related services:
There are some related services without which the scanner cannot work correctly. Here is the list of scanner related services:
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Follow the below steps to check service status.
- Press Windows + R to invoke the Run dialog box.
- Type services. msc and click OK.
- Locate your desired service name on the Services (Local) tab and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- If you see services status is stopped, click Start > OK.
- The services will start again.
We hope that the techniques listed in this article have helped you solve the Canon Scanner not working on Windows 10 problem. Try scanning any documents with your Canon Scanner and enjoy the experience. If you face any issue, contact our technical support.