- Fix My Printer >>
- CANON PRINTER WON’T PRINT WIRELESSLY
CANON PRINTER WON’T PRINT WIRELESSLY
Canon printers are designed mainly for families and home users who want a machine that is capable of printing everything from documents to web pages. A Canon printer provides so many features. Still, it is a machine and can misbehave at times. In the below segments, we will discuss the troubleshooting methods that can help you get rid of the Canon printer not printing wirelessly problem.
CHECK THE CONNECTION:
- Try moving the Canon printer closer to the router to check if it is out of range.
- Try printing the document again, and make sure that you choose File > Print from the main menu rather than using the shortcut.
MAKE USE OF THE PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING WIZARD:
Windows OS provides a wonderful utility called Troubleshooting Wizard to help users fix printer issues. It can also be used to rectify the wireless connection problems. Perform the below steps to run the printer troubleshooting wizard.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Select your printer and run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions stated in the wizard to fix the printer problem.
TURN OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL:
- There is a slight chance that the Windows Defender Firewall can block network printer ports and communications.
- Therefore, turning off the Windows Defender Firewall is a good option to troubleshoot the “not printing wirelessly” issue.
- Apart from this, if you have installed any third-party antivirus software on your computer, you can temporarily disable the firewall setting before you start printing.
- Also, run a complete system scan to check whether the computer is affected by any malware.
CLEAR THE PRINTER QUEUE:
The “not printing” problem usually occurs when the user keeps on clicking the Print button even when there are several issues, such as paper jam, the printer running out of paper, wireless connection problem, ink cartridge issue, etc. These issues lead to the printer queue as Windows keeps on storing each command from the user. You can clear the printer queue through the Control Panel or Command Prompt window.
CLEARING THE PRINTER QUEUE USING THE COMMAND PROMPT:
- On your Windows computer, simply type in “command prompt” in your search bar.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- You will be able to see the Command Prompt window on your computer screen.
- Type the text – net stop spooler and press the Enter key.
- Type del %systemroot%32\spool\printers\*/Q and press Enter.
- At last, type net start spooler and press the Enter key.
- Your screen displays The print spooler service was started successfully, which means that your computer has cleared the printer queue.
- Now, check if the “Canon printer won’t print wirelessly” issue is fixed.
SET CANON PRINTER AS THE DEFAULT ONE:
It is known that when you are trying to print something, your computer will assign these printing jobs to the default printer. So making your Canon printer the default one can solve the not printing issue.
- Open the Windows Run command.
- Type Control and open the Control Panel window.
- Choose Small icons from the drop-down menu (View by).
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Canon printer and select Set as default printer.
- Now, perform the printing task and check if it works.