Fixed: Canon Printer Communication Error
Canon printers are known for their sheer productivity and are one of the finest producers in the world of printers. Like any electronic device, the Canon printer will go through a problem or two. One of the problems we are going to discuss is the Canon printer communication error.
The problem can be quite annoying and there are many things to consider in order to fix it. The communication problem with the Canon printer can lead it to stop printing and make the device go offline. Here, we will be looking at some of the troubleshooting steps and methods to resolve the issue in no time.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure that the Canon printer is connected to the power source and is turned on.
- See if there is a stable power source at your home or office. If not, wait it out and then see if the printer is online or offline.
- Check for error messages like paper jams or paper feed. Replace the toner cartridge if necessary.
- If you have the Canon printer connected via USB, make sure that the cable is secure between the printer and the computer (Windows or Mac).
Method 1: Reinstall Printer Driver
Remove The Driver
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Choose the Canon printer from the printer list.
- Perform a right-click on the printer and click Remove Device.
- Click the Yes button when the confirmation window opens.
- The printer driver will be removed.
- You can download the Canon printer driver from the official Canon support page.
Reinstall The Driver
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Click the address bar and type the URL for the Canon [model number] support page.
- Click the Drivers, Manuals & Firmware tab.
- Select the operating system from the drop-down list.
- Select the Driver Language and click the Search button.
- Once the support page refreshes, click the Download button.
- Run the installation on the downloaded driver.
- Follow the commands on the screen and add the Canon printer.
Method 2: Set Printer As Default (Windows and Mac)
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Canon printer that appears to be offline or causes the communication problem.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- When the list opens, click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the problematic Canon printer from the list of printers in the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- Below the printer, you will find three sections.
- In the Kind: section, make sure the printer is seen.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the printer from the list.
With the above simple methods, you can easily resolve the Canon printer communication error. Click CALL for more troubleshooting queries related to the printer. Our technical team will assist you through the issue.