CANON PIXMA MP230 SETUP AND CANNOT INSTALL [SIMPLE STEPS]
Canon Pixma MP230 is a multi-function printer that can print at a speed of 5 pages per minute in color and can produce photos at a good speed of 7 images per minute. We will now see the setup process for the Canon Pixma MP230 printer. For performing the setup, you need to know the steps for the hardware and software installations. Let’s proceed to the steps right away. There are some occurrences when the Canon Pixma MP230 setup goes well. Despite the correct setup, you might face some installation issues. So, we will look at the Canon Pixma MP230 Setup And Cannot Install troubleshooting steps.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- The Canon Pixma MP230 printer
- Ink cartridges
- Power cord
- Installation CD
- Product information and User Guides
- Unpack the Canon printer from the carton and place the printer on a flat surface.
- Ensure that you keep the printer away from direct sunlight to avoid any future hardware problems.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body and discard them.
- Open the scanning unit of the printer; remove the protective material that is present inside.
- Make sure that you remove any other protective material that is present inside the scanning unit.
- Close the scanning unit.
- Remove the power cord from the packaging, and connect the power cord to the power source and to the back of the Canon printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- With the Canon printer turned on, open the scanning unit again.
- This time, you will install the ink cartridges.
- Open the cartridge cover lock on both cartridge slots.
- Remove the cartridge from the sealed packaging and ensure that you remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Place the cartridge into the respective slot and close the cartridge cover.
- Open the paper feeder at the back of the printer.
- Slide the paper guides on either side of the paper tray.
- Place a bunch of paper into the paper tray; adjust the paper guides to align the stack properly.
- The hardware setup for the Canon Pixma MP230 printer is complete.
- Since the printer comes with an installation CD, the process of doing the software setup is quite simple.
- Place the driver installation CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Wait for the Autoplay window to open.
- Do a double-click to initialize the setup.
- Follow the commands on the screen and proceed until you see the connection screen appear.
- When the connection screen appears, choose the method of connection and complete the setup process.
In case the Canon printer does not install on your computer, the main problem could lie with the steps to installation.
SIMPLE STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT
- Remove the installation CD from the computer and insert it again.
- Restart your computer.
- Restart the Canon printer and perform the software setup from scratch.
CANNOT INSTALL AFTER CONNECTION SELECTION METHOD
If the installation issue comes right after selecting the connection method,
- Ensure that the USB interface cable is properly attached to the printer and the computer.
- Make sure that the cable does not have any damages on it.
- Replace the USB cable with a new one if necessary.
- Press the Cancel button on the Connection Method screen.
- Restart the installation from the beginning.
- You can remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure that there are no other applications or any antivirus programs running in the background while doing the driver installation.
ANOTHER INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- If the installation CD does not start the installation for the Canon Pixma MP230 printer, you can download the Canon printer driver from the official Canon support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL for the support page for the Canon Pixma MP230 printer.
- Once the page opens, locate and click the Drivers tab.
- Under the Your Operating System drop-down list, select your operating system.
- Choose the language of your choice.
- Once the page refreshes, click the DOWNLOAD button for the printer driver.
- When the driver download is complete, run the installation for the printer driver.
- Follow the commands on the screen and complete the installation.
These are the methods and the troubleshooting steps you can consider if you have done the Canon Pixma MP230 setup and cannot install it due to some issues.
If you have any other queries, kindly click the CALL button on this page. Our Technical team will assist you with any issue.