Canon Pixma MP190 Error Code [Fixed]
Generally, when something goes wrong on a printer, it is informed to the user through an error code along with flashing lights. Based on the color of the light, the printer issue varies. On Canon printer models, the orange and green lights used to flash to indicate an error. Here you’ll find some common Canon Pixma MP190 error code and their solutions.
Some of the possible error codes that will display on the screen along with the flashing orange light are listed below.
Common Canon Pixma MP190 Error Code
Canon Pixma Error code 1: E, 2
This error code indicates that the paper tray is empty.
- Load the paper tray with enough paper.
- Make sure to load the paper type that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- After loading the paper in the tray, press the Color or Black button on your printer’s control panel.
Canon MP190 Error code 2: E, 3
If the error code E, 3 is displayed on the printer screen, it means the paper output tray is closed. This error code also indicates a paper jam.
- Make sure that the output tray of your Canon PIXMA MP190 printer is closed.
- Now, perform the print operation.
- If the same error code (E, 3) is displayed on the screen, then check whether any paper is jammed inside the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper from your printer if you find any.
Error code 3: E, 4 / E, 5 / E, 1, 4 / E, 1, 5
When your Canon printer fails to recognize the installed ink cartridge, the error code E, 4, or E, 5 is displayed on the printer’s screen.
- Make sure that you have installed the compatible ink cartridge on your printer.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed properly.
- Open the cartridge cover of your printer and check it.
- If the cartridge is not installed properly, then reinstall the cartridges.
Canon Printer Error code 4: E, 7
If you have installed the ink cartridge in the wrong slot, then the error code E, 7 is displayed on your printer’s screen.
- Open the cartridge cover of your printer.
- Check if you have installed the ink cartridge in the correct slot.
- If not, remove and reinsert it in the correct one.
Canon Pixma Error code 5: E, 8
The Canon PIXMA MP190 printer comes with a built-in absorber unit. This unit absorbs the waste ink released during printer maintenance operations such as print head cleaning. When the ink absorber unit almost full, the error code E, 8 is displayed on the printer screen.
- Clear the error code displayed on the screen by pressing the Color or Black button.
- Now, try to perform the print operation.
- If the printer doesn’t respond to the print operation, it means the ink absorber is completely full.
- To fix this issue, you need to service your printer.
Green and orange light flashes
When the green and orange lights flash alternatively on your printer’s control panel, it indicates the printer has encountered an unrecoverable issue. To clear this issue, restart your printer.
- First, disconnect the interface cable from the printer.
- Next, turn off your printer if it is turned on.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Leave your printer disconnected from the power source for some time.
- After a while, reconnect the power cable and turn on the printer.
Now, if the issue persists, click the Call button to get remote assistance in resolving the Canon PIXMA MP190 error code.