- Fix My Printer >>
- CANON PIXMA IX6820 TROUBLESHOOTING
CANON PIXMA IX6820 TROUBLESHOOTING
While using the printer, there are many problems faced by the users. However, most printer problems are resolvable. Scroll down this page to know the Canon PIXMA iX6820 troubleshooting process for some of the most encountered problems like “printer not printing,” “offline,” etc.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 WON’T PRINT
“Is your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer not responding to the print operation?” If yes, try these simple troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- As the first step of troubleshooting the printing problems, check whether your Canon printer is turned on and connected to the computer (on which you’re using the printer). If not, turn on the printer and connect it to your computer.
- Secondly, check if the rear tray of your printer has enough paper. If not, load enough paper in it. Also, make sure that the recommended paper type is loaded in the rear tray.
- Close the top cover and open the output tray if they are opened or closed.
- Check whether the Alarm light of your printer is flashing in a particular sequence. If yes, then learn more about it, and perform the necessary Canon PIXMA iX6820 troubleshooting process to fix it.
- Reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
- Check to ensure that your Canon printer is selected correctly in the Print Properties dialog box.
- Make sure that no paper is jammed inside the printer.
- Check if the “Printer is Offline” message is displayed on your computer. If yes, scroll down this page to know how to resolve it.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 OFFLINE
- Initially, make sure that your Canon printer is turned on and ready for print operation.
- Next, check if the Auto Power On setting is enabled on your printer. If not, enable it because when the Auto Power On setting is turned off, the “Printer is offline” message will be displayed on your computer screen.
- On your computer, open the Printer Driver Setup wizard.
- Navigate to the Maintenance tab.
- Select Auto Power > Enable > OK.
- Check whether your Canon printer is set as the default machine on the computer (on which you’re using the printer). If not, set it as the default printer and then perform the print operation.
- Restart your printer and computer.
- If necessary, reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 NOT RESPONDING
- Check whether your printer is turned on. If not, turn it on by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- In case the printer fails to turn on even after pressing the Power button, check whether the electrical cable is connected securely at the ends. If not, unplug and reconnect the cable. Similarly, make sure that the electrical cable that you’re using is not damaged and the genuine one.
- Check and select the correct printer in the Print dialog box.
- Power cycle the printer. To do so, turn off your printer if it is turned on. Unplug the electrical cable from your printer and wait for 30 seconds. If you have connected the USB or Ethernet cable to the printer, disconnect it. After waiting for 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
- If you’re using the Wi-Fi network, restart all the devices such as a printer, computer, router/modem, and then try to print a test page.
- Reinstall the printer driver on your computer if none of the solutions fix the problem.
CANON IX6820 PRINTING BLANK PAGES
- Initially, make sure that the recommended paper type is installed in your printer’s rear tray.
- Next, check the ink levels of your cartridges and, if necessary, replace them.
- To check the ink levels, turn on your printer and open its top cover.
- Now, check the ink lamp status.
- The lamp is on: The ink tanks are installed correctly in their slots.
- Lamp is flashing slowly: The ink tank is low.
- Lamp is flashing fast: The ink tank is installed in the wrong slot, or the tank is empty.
- If you find the ink tank is running is low or empty, replace it with a new one.
- Get a new replacement ink tank.
- Remove the empty or low ink tank from its slot.
- Unpack the new tank and install it in the slots.
- Make sure that the tank is installed properly and close the top cover.
- Now, print the document to check whether the “printer printing black pages” problem is resolved. If not, check whether the print head of your printer contains any dirt particles. Clean the print head if necessary.
PIXMA IX6820 FACTORY RESET
Perform the factory reset process as the last step of troubleshooting. The following instructions will guide you in restoring your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer settings to default.
- Turn on your printer.
- Locate the RESUME/CANCEL button on your printer’s control panel and hold it down for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, the Power light of your printer will start to flash white.
- Once the Power light flashes white 15 times, release the RESUME/CANCEL button and wait for the restoring process to complete.
- The restoring process might take a few minutes to complete.
- Once it is done, reconfigure the printer settings from the beginning.
- Print a test document to check whether the printer settings are configured correctly.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 ERROR CODE B200
The Canon PIXMA iX6820 error code B200 is nothing but a support code that asks you to contact the printer’s service center for further support. Before contacting the service center, perform the following instructions.
- Turn off your Canon printer completely.
- Disconnect the electrical and network or USB cables from your printer.
CANON IX6820 PAPER FEED PROBLEM
- Initially, check to make sure that the rear tray has enough paper.
- Next, remove and reload the paper in the tray. While reloading, make sure that the paper is not loaded over the maximum limit. Also, align the width guides properly and load only the paper type that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Avoid loading the used or damaged paper in the tray.
- Check and configure the paper settings if they are configured wrongly.
- Similarly, check if any paper or a foreign object is stuck inside the printer. If yes, remove it.
- Clean the paper feed roller if necessary.
CANON IX6820 ORANGE LIGHT
Normally, when an error occurs, the Alarm or Power light of your printer flashes orange, and an error message relating to the same will be displayed on the computer screen. Count the number of flashes on your printer’s operational panel and check the support code displayed on the computer screen to know the cause of the problem.
- For 2 flashes & support codes 1000, 2100, 2101: When the rear tray is empty, or you have loaded the incorrect media type in the tray, you can see the Alarm light flashes orange two times and the support code 1000 on your computer screen. Load the recommended paper in the tray and print a test document.
- For 3 flashes & support code 1250, 1300: The front door of your printer is closed, or the paper is jammed in the rear or output tray. Open the door. Check and remove the jammed paper from the rear or output tray.
- For 4 flashes & support code 1600, 1660: The ink tank is empty, or the tank is not installed properly. Replace the ink tank or install the ink tanks properly.
- For 5 flashes & 1401, 1403, 1405: This means the print head of your printer is damaged. Replace it with a new one.
Contact our technical experts if you need to know more about the Canon PIXMA iX6820 troubleshooting process.