- Fix My Printer >>
- CANON MX492 SCANNER NOT WORKING
CANON MX492 SCANNER NOT WORKING
Canon printers are known for their enhanced performance. But, over a period, a printer may start to malfunction, which is quite normal with all the printers. If the scanner of your Canon MX492 printer is not working, don’t worry; you can fix the whole issue with the troubleshooting techniques we have listed in this article.
Check your printer
- Check whether your printer shows an error code like paper jam.
- A paper jam can occur anywhere inside your printer. Whenever there is a paper jam, your printer will not print or scan any documents.
- So, if you find any jammed paper inside your printer, remove it and check whether your issue is resolved.
Set your printer as the default
- It is mandatory to set your printer as the default. If you don’t do that, your printer will not receive the print jobs you send from your computer.
- To set your Canon MX492 printer as the default, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, check whether your scanner is working.
Check the connections
- If you have connected your printer and the computer over a network, check whether the Internet connection is stable.
- In case you have connected them using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends. If necessary, just replace the cable with a new one.
Update the driver
- An outdated or corrupted driver can stop your scanner from working well. To update the driver, you have to visit the official page of Canon. Enter your printer model and download the updated printer driver that supports your OS.
- Once you have downloaded the updated driver, install it on your computer and check whether the scanner is working.
Power cycle your printer
- A power cycle is one of the best troubleshooting techniques that can help you fix the issue without much effort.
- To power cycle your printer, turn it off and disconnect its power cable.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute.
- Now, reconnect the power cable to your printer and check whether the scanner is working.
If your Canon MX492 scanner is still not working, get back to us for remote assistance.