- Fix My Printer >>
- Canon Mx492 Driver Is Unavailable
Fixed: Canon Mx492 Driver Unavailable Windows
Does your Canon MX492 say that the Driver is Unavailable? Probably, there might be issues with the driver installed on your Windows computer. You get this printer status at the bottom-left corner of the Windows Control Panel.
When you see this message, the thing that should strike your mind is the corrupted driver. Having this error on your computer can lead to other printer-related issues. Therefore, implement the troubleshooting steps given below.
This is a basic troubleshooting method. Sometimes, you might get that issue fixed just by updating Windows.
- To begin with, check if the computer has a stable Internet connection.
- Click on the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your desktop.
- Click the Settings icon in the Start menu. Doing so will open the Settings app.
- Pick the Update & Security tab and select Windows Update from the left-side panel.
- Click the tab Check for updates and wait until the available updates are listed.
- Install the updates and restart your computer.
- Thereafter, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Select your printer icon from the available list and check if the status is online.
If your Canon MX492 shows the Driver is Unavailable status, jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Updating Printer Drivers Through Device Manager
- First, open the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows + X shortcut keys.
- Click the Device Manager tab from the menu that appears.
- Scroll down and expand Print queues.
- Right-click the Canon printer and select the Update driver option.
- Reboot your Windows PC and check if the problem is resolved.
Manually Reinstalling Canon Printer Driver
- If none of the steps resolve the error, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer icon and select Uninstall device.
- Remove the driver package from File Explorer.
- Reboot your Windows and launch the default browser.
- Go to the official Canon site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search results and pick the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Once your OS version is detected automatically, pick the driver from the available list.
- Click Download and save the setup file to your computer folder.
- Run the setup file and carry out the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
If your Canon MX492 shows ‘Driver is Unavailable’ in the future, feel free to contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.