- Fix My Printer >>
- CANON MB2720 NOT SCANNING
CANON MB2720 NOT SCANNING
Canon MB-2720 is an all-in-one wireless printer that can meet your home printing needs. Your Canon MB-2720 printer may fail to scan in various circumstances. However, you can fix the issue with the proper troubleshooting solutions. This article lists the best techniques to fix the scanning issues on the Canon MB-2720 printer. Try out all the solutions and fix your problem at a blazing speed.
Check the connections
- When the connection between your printer and the computer is not stable, your Canon MB-2720 printer may fail to print or scan your documents. So, you need to check the connections in the first place.
- If you have connected your computer and the printer using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends. If necessary, connect your devices using a different USB cable.
- In case you have connected your devices over a network, check whether they are connected to the same network. Also, check your Internet’s stability.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline, you should disable the option to ensure the proper functionality of your printer. To do that, go to the Devices and Printers section. It will show you a list of printers connected to your computer. Right-click on your Canon MB-2720 printer and choose the See what’s printing option. Now, go to the Printer tab and disable Use Printer Offline.
- After disabling Use Printer Offline, check whether your printer can scan the documents.
- If your scanning issue is still not resolved, proceed with the following troubleshooting techniques.
Set your Canon MB-2720 printer as the default one
It is important to set your printer as the default one. If you haven’t done that, follow the instructions below and set your printer as default.
- On your computer, go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your Canon MB-2720 printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
Update your printer driver
- A printer driver is responsible for the communication between your printer and the computer. When it goes outdated or corrupted, your printer may not function as expected. In those instances, you can fix the issue by updating the printer driver.
- Visit Canon’s website from your default browser.
- Enter your Canon printer model (Canon MB-2720) and download the printer driver recommended for your Operating System.
- Now, install the updated printer driver and check whether your Canon MB-2720 printer can scan the documents.
Power cycle your printer
- A power cycle can fix the bugs automatically. To power cycle your Canon MB-2720 printer, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cable from the power source.
- Keep your printer undisturbed for a minute.
- Now, reconnect the power cord to your Canon printer and turn it on.
If your Canon MB-2720 printer is still not scanning, contact us to get assisted by our experts.