Canon MAXIFY GX7021 Troubleshooting – 7 Tips To Resolve
Whenever your printer starts to malfunction, you need to take appropriate measures to rectify the trouble. The immense importance of printers can be felt only when it stops printing when trying to print important documents. However, many of us think of technicians before trying to handle the trouble on our own. That’s why we have come up with this article to teach you some effective troubleshooting solutions to handle the most common printer issues. Try these 7 technical hacks and see if they work for you.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
- In many cases, running the Windows built-in troubleshooter can help you handle your printer issues in the best way possible.
- On your Windows computer, open the Control Panel section.
- Click Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers (here, you can find all the devices connected to your computer).
- Locate and right-click the Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer icon and choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Wait until your printer problem is diagnosed and fixed by the troubleshooter.
Cancel The Documents You Have Sent So Far
- If you keep sending your documents to the printer without any break, it may not perform the way you expect.
- To fix this issue, you need to cancel all the documents you have sent to your GX7021 printer.
- To do this, head to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click the printer icon and choose See what’s printing.
- Go to the Printer menu and choose the Cancel All the Documents option.
Set Your Canon MAXIFY GX7021 Printer As The Default Printer
- It is important to set your Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer as default so that all the print jobs you send from your computer will reach this printer.
- You can set your printer as the default printer in the Devices and Printers section.
- Just go there, right-click the printer icon and choose Set as default printer.
Disable Pause Printing And Use Printer Offline
- If you have enabled Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, your printer will neither print your documents nor appear online. In this scenario, you may start thinking that your printer needs a service. But the reality is different; you just need to make a few changes in the Devices and Printers section.
- To do this, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click the Printer icon and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer menu and ensure Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline is disabled.
Restart The Print Spooler Service
- Printer issues can be handled effectively by restarting the print spooler service.
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the Run box.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Services window, right-click the Print Spooler option and choose the Stop option.
- After a few seconds, right-click the option and select Restart.
- Hopefully, this should fix your printer issues.
Uninstall/Reinstall The Software
- If your printer stops responding to your commands sent from the computer, the problem might be with the software. However, you can fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
- Go to the Device Manager section on your Windows computer.
- Right-click the printer driver and choose Uninstall.
- After a few seconds, restart your computer.
- The appropriate drivers will be installed automatically.
- Now, try printing a test page and ensure it works.
Update Your Canon Printer Software
- Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn’t solve the printer problems but updating the software does the job.
- To update the Canon MAXIFY GX7021 software, head to its official support page.
- Click the Software & Drivers option.
- When it shows you the compatible drivers, pick the one you want and click Download.
- Once the download gets concluded, locate the file on your computer and run the setup file.
- Go ahead with the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.
We hope these troubleshooting guidelines have helped you sort out your Canon MAXIFY GX7021 printer issues. Suppose you still cannot tackle the problem on your own. You can reach our specialized engineers by clicking the Call button on this page. They will assist you in real-time and help you rectify all your printer issues in the best way possible.