- Fix My Printer >>
- GX7020x Canon Troubleshooting
Canon MAXIFY GX7020x Troubleshooting Solutions – Fix Your Problem
Errors or issues can occur at any time when working with the printer. It is normal. So don’t worry about it. The printer manufacturer already recognizes most printer problems you face today and recommends workarounds to resolve them. Although a printer problem occurs for numerous reasons, there are a few simple and quick ways to identify it. In most cases, the printer will also stop responding to your printer-related requests when it faces problems. In addition, an error code or a message relating to the issue will show up on your printer or computer screen. You must fix the printer problem to resume using the printer for your printer-related needs. You can use the code or message displayed on the screen to learn the exact cause of the printer problem and resolve it. This “Canon MAXIFY GX7020x Troubleshooting” article will discuss some common printer problems and solutions.
Canon MAXIFY Troubleshootings — One Solution at a Time!
Are you new to printer troubleshooting? Yes? Fortunately, you have reached the right page for all your Canon printer problems. There is a solution for each printer problem. You can solve some issues in a matter of seconds or minutes. On the other hand, some problems require more time and an advanced method to resolve them. In the upcoming sections, we have covered simple and advanced solutions for some common Canon MAXIFY printer problems. So, why wait? Let’s get into the troubleshooting without waiting further.
Get The Best Printer Solutions Here!
Are you having trouble with your printer for the first time? If yes, that’s completely okay. Because two out of five people face problems while using the printer for the first time after setting it up, if you take a close look at the cause of it, you will find a minor malfunction or software glitch behind it. However, you can resolve the problem easily. Before attempting the advanced solutions, try the following simple solutions first. These are the proven, recommended, and best solutions that help you resolve any common or uncommon problem within a few minutes.
#1 Restart Your Canon Printer
- To begin with, the troubleshooting, restart your printer.
- Why? As was previously stated, if the problem occurs due to a minor malfunction or small software glitch, then a restart is the best way to fix it.
- Restarting your Canon MAXIFY printer is a piece of cake.
- First, turn off the printer if it is on.
- Secondly, unplug the power cord from the printer’s inlet.
- Thirdly, if you have connected the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer to your computer, unplug it.
- Now, wait for a few seconds or a minute. This time interval helps the printer’s internal part cool down and fix minor glitches.
- Afterward, reconnect the cable and turn on the printer.
- Finally, verify if the same printer problem persists. If so, don’t worry. Try the following solution to fix your Canon Printer Issues.
#2 Resolve The Communication Problem
- Are your Canon printer and computer connected to the same network? No? Then, connect the devices to the same network. Why? Read the instructions below to learn more about it.
- For smooth printing, your computer and the printer must be on the same network. It is, indeed.
- If the devices (printer and computer) are on different networks, you might face a communication issue.
- Therefore, ensure that you have connected the Canon MAXIFY printer and your computer to the same network.
- This Canon MAXIFY printer supports Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet interfaces. You can choose one from the suggested list to connect your printer and computer to the same device.
#3 Carry Out The Canon MAXIFY GX7020x Setup
- Have you finished with the Canon MAXIFY GX7020x setup? If not, do it now. Then, try to use the printer for printer-related needs.
- If you encounter a problem even after setting up the printer, re-check the printer settings and its status because too many problems occur due to incomplete setup or misconfigured printer settings.
- If everything seems right, but you still face problems when working with the printer, get started with the next solution.
#4 Install The Latest Printer Driver
- You must install the latest printer driver on your computer to get the most out of the printer and for the best printing and working experiences.
- Verify if you have installed the right Canon MAXIFY printer driver on your computer. Yes? Then, proceed with the next solution.
- Or else, uninstall the existing printer driver and install the latest and compatible one on your computer.
- Need help reinstalling the correct printer driver? Well, here’s an overview of it.
- First, uninstall the existing driver and remove the printer from the Printers list on your computer.
- Next, download the correct printer driver for your computer’s OS from the Canon printer’s official support page.
- After this, use the downloaded printer driver to install the printer on your computer.
- Finally, restart the printer and your computer to save the changes.
#5 Correctly Configure The Printer Settings
- Verify the printer settings if you face a problem after installing the correct driver.
- If you have misconfigured the printer settings, reconfigure them correctly and verify the problem persists.
We believe that the simple and quick solutions above assisted you in resolving your printer issues. If not, it’s okay. We are here to help you. Give us a call now for real-time assistance. In the upcoming sections, we will see how to fix some complex Canon printer problems. So, continue reading to learn more about.
What Are You Supposed to Do When An Error Occurs On Your Canon Printer?
“Don’t Panic! We can get your Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer back up and running!” If your Canon printer is not responding and you see an error message or code on your printer display or a support code on your computer screen, then make use of it to learn more about the cause of your MAXIFY printer problem fix it. You will find the troubleshooting solution for some issues on the same screen that displays the support code. Here we will see how to clear some common error codes.
Support Code 1000 Canon Printer
- A window with this support code appears on your Windows computer when the rear tray runs out of paper.
- You can see a similar screen, as shown below, on your computer screen. Can you see it? If yes, perform the same action discussed on the screen. That is, filling the rear tray with compatible media.
- After that, press the OK button on the printer’s control panel.
- Now, try to print an original from your computer to the printer.
- If the same support code persists, click on the “If Error Persists” button on the support code screen and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the error.
- Did you use the USB hub to connect a USB flash drive to your Canon printer?
- If yes, verify whether you have used a supported USB hub.
- If not, unplug the USB hub from the printer.
- Then, connect the flash drive directly to your printer.
- Or else use the supported USB hub for connectivity.
Support Code: 147C
- You will see this support code on your printer screen when it cannot recognize the print head installed.
- This scenario happens if you have installed the print head incorrectly.
- So, check to ensure that you have unpacked and installed the correct print head on your printer to clear this error.
Support Code: 340D
- Most people receive this error code when performing fit-to-page copy on their smartphone or tablet.
- If you’re also in the same boat, read the instructions to learn more about it.
- Although the Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer comes with an ADF, you cannot use the ADF to perform the fit-to-page copy.
- So, move the original to be copied to the platen and then resume copying.
- Still, if you want to copy an original from ADF, select a copy method other than fit-to-page copy to continue copying.
- Need help modifying the copy method? Then, here it is.
- Navigate to your printer’s Reduction/Enlargement settings screen.
- Here, you can choose the copy method to your liking.
- Choose the copy method to resume copying.
Support Code: A000 to ZZZZ, 9000 to 9ZZZ, 6000 to 6ZZZ
- If you receive the following support codes between:
- A000 to ZZZZ
- 9000 to 9ZZZ
- 6000 to 6ZZZ
- It means a “printer error” has occurred.
- But don’t worry. You can clear this error in no time by restarting the printer.
- If the restart process fails to clear the error, the cause might be the printer’s hardware.
- In that case, repairing the printer is the best fix to try.
We have covered only a few support codes for errors in the section above. Do you want to learn more about it? Then, reach out to us by clicking the toll-free button on this page.
Failed To Install The MP Drivers (Windows)– Here’s How To Fix It!
“Don’t let failed MP driver installation stop you – Install with ease!” Do you need help completing your Canon MAXIFY printer driver installation? Have you tried all possible methods, but nothing is working? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. “Failed driver installation” is one of the most common issues many printer users face. Luckily, you can overcome this issue. You will read more about that in the section below. So, why wait? Let’s get started!
“Uncovering The Root Cause Of The Problem — Where Solutions Begin!”
- Do you ever wonder why you face this driver installation problem even when the printer is powered on and connected to your computer?
- If yes, here’s the answer:
- Generally, your computer must meet the system requirements of the printer for a smooth, quick driver installation and working experience.
- Is your computer’s OS up-to-date, and does it meet the system requirements of the printer?
- If not, update your computer’s OS and then try to reinstall the printer driver.
Driver Installation Failed – Resolved
- Reinstalling the printer driver is easy as pie.
- However, if you need experience reinstalling the printer driver, you might find this one quite difficult to perform. But take it easy. We will assist you throughout the reinstallation process.
- To reinstall the printer driver, you must remove the existing driver (if you have already saved the printer driver copies on your computer). Then, you can begin the installation.
- To start with the reinstallation process, open the Settings screen on your Windows 10 computer. Here, click on “Devices”> “Printers and scanners.”
- Select the Print Server Properties option under the Related Settings section.
- Click on the “Drivers” tab. You will see a similar screen as shown below if we are right.
- If yes, locate and select your Canon printer driver.
- Have you selected your printer driver? If yes, click the Remove button, followed by Yes, to uninstall the existing printer driver.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer. Once your computer is stable, download the latest and most compatible printer driver from the printer’s official support page and install it on your computer.
- Before you begin the installation, ensure you have turned on your printer.
- Open the Programs and Features screen if you’re using a Windows 8.1 or 7 computer. Here, verify if your printer driver is listed. If yes, select and uninstall it.
- Afterward, reinstall the printer driver to fix the problem.
All right there? We hope you fix the “failed to install the MP driver” issue by following the instructions above.
Unable To Locate Printer On Network
Troubleshoot network printing woes: how to fix “cannot find the printer on the network”.Are you having trouble printing to your network printer? It can be a real headache when you’ve got an important document to print but can’t find the Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer on your network. Before tearing your hair out, take a deep breath and try these steps to resolve your printing woes quickly. Did you start facing this issue during the printer setup? If so, try the troubleshooting solutions below. At least one solution below will help you find your printer on the network and set it up on a computer.
Basic Requirements to Meet for Network Setup
You must meet a few essential requirements for a quick and error-free network setup. So, before you begin troubleshooting with advanced solutions, verify if you have prepared the printer for the setup over a network connection. If not, or if you are unaware of it, there is no problem. You can prepare the printer for setup and ensure that your printer is ready by following the instructions below.
- First, verify if you have turned on the printer and placed it closer to your router or modem. If not, turn it on and relocate the printer (if necessary). In addition, ensure that you have connected the router to a stable network and turned it on.
- Secondly, if you’re using a wired connection, ensure you use the recommended network cable for the setup.
- Next, verify if you have connected the computer (that you’re using and on which you wish to install the printer) to the same network.
- Subsequently, ensure that you can see the Wi-Fi (if you’re using the wireless connection) or LAN (if you’re using the wired connection) icon on your printer screen.
- Finally, restart your printer, computer, and network device.
Now, try to connect your Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer to the network. If you cannot find the printer on the network again, try the advanced troubleshooting solution below.
Connect Easily with the Canon IJ Network Device Setup Utility
This utility from Canon assists you in automatically diagnosing and repairing the network connection issue with your printer. You can download and install this utility on your computer from the printer’s official support site. Give us a call if you want to learn more about it.
- We believe you have installed this diagnostic and utility software on your computer.
- To begin with, the troubleshooting, open the utility. Need help? Then, follow the instructions below.
- On Mac: Open LaunchPad on your Mac computer. Have you done it? If yes, locate the Canon Utilities folder and select it. You will find the IJ Network Device Setup Utility here. Click on it. A pop-up dialog box will open, asking you to enter your Mac’s credentials. Enter the details to start the diagnosis and repair of the network.
- In Windows 10, open the All Apps screen. Select Canon Utilities > Wi-Fi Connection Assistant and click Yes.
- The Canon IJ Network Device Setup window, as shown in the image below, will open on your computer.
- Here, click on the Diagnose and Repair button to begin the troubleshooting.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to fix the network issue.
Hopefully, the solution above should fix the issue and allow you to connect to your printer over the network.
How To Fix Paper Jam In Canon Printer?
If you’ve ever experienced a paper jam in your Canon printer, you know it can be a frustrating and annoying experience. And, if you’re new to fixing paper jams in printers, it can be a difficult and time-consuming task. But by following a few simple steps, you can complete it quickly and easily. You will read more about it in the section below. So, why wait? Let’s get into the troubleshooting process without further ado.
- Fixing the paper jam issue is not a big deal. But first, you must find or locate the location or part where the paper jam occurred. Locating the paper jam location is easy.
- You can do this using the code displayed on your printer screen. Yes? You read it right. The support code also appears on the screen when a paper jam occurs on your Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer.
- Support Code 1300: A paper jam occurred in the paper output slot.
- Support Code 1303: A paper jam occurred from the cassette.
- Support Code 1304: A paper jam occurred when performing auto-duplex printing.
- Support code 1313: If the paper jam occurs as the printer pulls in the printed paper, you will see this support code on your printer screen.
- Support Code 2801: “A paper jam occurred in your Canon printer’s auto document feeder (ADF).”
- Locate the jammed paper by utilizing the support code displayed on the screen.
- Have you located the jammed location? If yes, follow the instructions below to remove the jammed paper and fix the paper jam.
- Slowly pull out the paper using your hands. Ensure that you remove the jammed paper without damaging it further.
- If the jammed paper tears further while removing it, you might face more difficulties clearing the paper jam issue.
- So, manage to remove the paper entirely and carefully from the printer.
- After this, re-load the tray and print a test page to verify if the paper jam issue persists.
- You can confirm that the issue doesn’t persist if the printer prints the test document successfully.
No Paper Jam, But Still The “Paper Jam” Message Or Code Displayed On The Screen
You looked for the jammed paper in all possible places. You did not find a single piece of paper during the search, but the paper jam message remains the same. Is it correct? If yes, this is a case of “false jam.” It occurs due to dirt or ink on the image sensor or paper roller that causes the scanner to overheat. Fixing this false paper jam is easy. Follow the steps below to fix the false alarm in no time.
- Restart your Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer. Is the “Paper Jam” message showing up again?
- If yes, check and clean your printer’s paper roller and image sensor to fix the paper jam issue.
- After that, verify that the paper jam persists by printing a test page.
If these steps do not fix the paper jam issue, there may be a problem with the printer itself.
Canon Printer Firmware Update
“Stay Ahead of the Game with Firmware Updates—Keep Your Printer Up-To-Date for Optimal Performance!”
We saw how to fix some common Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer problems in the section above. In this section, we will go over why you should keep your printer firmware up to date and how to do so. So, are you reading? Let’s get started. Updating your printer’s firmware can be beneficial in many ways. It will make communication between the printer and computer easier and help you utilize printer-related functions without errors. Therefore, it is highly recommended. Specifically, the firmware update can improve the security and performance of your printer, as well as add new features and optimize existing ones. Additionally, it can help fix hardware compatibility issues and reduce the time it takes to process print jobs. Furthermore, the update can also help extend the life of your printer by ensuring that it is running the latest software version. In conclusion, updating your printer’s firmware is a simple and effective way to ensure it runs at its best. Let’s learn how to update the Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer firmware.
From The Printer’s Operational Panel
You can install the latest printer firmware directly from its operational panel.
- Before you begin, ensure that your printer is online.
- Tap on the Setup icon (it looks like a gear) on the printer screen.
- Now, the setup menu screen will open.
- Select Firmware Update > Install Update > Yes > Start Update from the Device Settings menu.
- That’s it. The firmware update process will initiate shortly.
From The Remote User Interface
Alternatively, you can also update your Canon printer firmware from Remote UI. Go through the instructions below to learn more about it.
- Access your Canon printer’s remote UI using a web browser on your computer or smartphone. Log in if prompted.
- Click on the “Firmware Update” tab under the “Menus” section.
- Now, the latest firmware version and its details will appear on the screen’s right side.
- Click on the “Update” button to begin the installation.
See, updating the printer firmware is that simple.
Get Instant Support Now!
In conclusion, printer troubleshooting is often daunting for one new to this. However, you can often identify and resolve common printer issues with a few simple steps. By understanding some of the basics of how printers work and being aware of the most common problems, you can save yourself time and money. We have covered only some common Canon MAXIFY GX7020x printer problems and the troubleshooting solution for them in this article. We hope that you find this helpful article. If you want further assistance, contact us now.