Canon Lide 220 Scanner Setup
Canon LiDe 220 is a stylish, ultra-compact, and efficient color image scanner, which allows you to enjoy high-resolution scans of up to 4800 x 4800 dpi with a CIS sensor. You have the freedom of scanning all types of documents, including books, without compromising on the stylish design. As with most scanners today, the Canon LiDe 220’s driver offers both a Basic mode with few settings and an Advanced mode with many controls.
You can experience the freedom to scan directly to cloud services, such as Evernote and Dropbox using your computer, and create multipage PDF documents from your Canon LiDe 220 using the dedicated PDF buttons. Suppose you need an affordable photo scanner that can scan photographic prints for casual use, you can opt for this scanner. The Canon LiDe 220 scanner stands out from its peers and is considered to be one of the most helpful photo scanners currently available on the market. Let us see in detail the Canon LiDe 220 scanner set up in the below sections.
UNBOXING AND INITIAL SETUP:
- Unbox the scanner along with its contents from the package.
- Remove all the protective materials from the scanner.
- Open the document cover and remove the protective sheet.
- Attach the stand to the scanner, so the scanner sits firmly on the table.
- Connect the scanner and a computer using a USB cable.
- You will be getting the CD, which you can use to install the drivers on your computer.
- This was all about the basic unboxing and initial setup of your Canon LiDe 220 scanner.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- For Windows OS- The hard disk space should be above 3.1 GB. The operating system has to be Windows XP or later. The browser should be Internet Explorer 8 or later.
- For Mac OS- The hard disk space should be above 1.5 GB. The operating system should be Mac OS X v 10.6.8 or later. The browser should be Safari 5 or later.
STEPS TO SCAN A DOCUMENT:
- Place the document facing down on the platen and close the document cover.
- Establish a reliable connection between the scanner and the computer using the USB cable.
- Make sure that you have the latest software and drivers installed on your PC.
- On your PC, open the Canon IJ Scan Utility app.
- Click on the Settings icon, and then enter the details in the Document Scan dialog box, such as paper size, resolution, etc.
- Click the Document option to complete the scanning process.
- You can also explore the other scanning options like Photo, Custom, Stitch, and ScanGear.
- Apart from this, you can directly use the scanner buttons (5 buttons) to create PDF files, print items, send images, etc.
- So, the scanned document gets passed on to the destination device within seconds.
- The above-discussed steps will definitely help you in setting up your Canon LiDe 220 scanner.
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING OF DRIVERS:
- To keep the scanner in good working condition, it is always recommended to download and install the latest drivers for your Canon LiDe 220 scanner.
- Turn on your computer and connect to a reliable Internet connection.
- On your browser, go to the official Canon support center.
- In the search bar, type your scanner model (Canon LiDe 220) and hit Enter.
- On the scanner result page, you will be able to see the Drivers & Downloads section.
- Click on DOWNLOAD to download the drivers on your PC.
- Once the download gets completed, find out the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click on the downloaded.exe or setup file to run the installation process.
- Read the license agreement carefully and accept the same.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to finish the driver installation process.
- You can also install the drivers using the CD-ROM, which came along with the scanner.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the CD drive. The CD menu runs automatically. If it does not start installing automatically, click Start and then click Run.
- Browse through the CD-ROM drive, click Autorun.exe, and then click Open. In the Run dialog box, click OK.
- On the CD menu, click Install Driver. Continue with the setup wizard to finish the entire installation process.
- If you have any issues with the functioning of the drivers, you can reinstall the software and drivers for your Canon scanner.
- These are the driver download and installation steps for your Canon LiDe 220 scanner.